Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ArtWench

Has anyone tried painting acrylics over spray paint? If so, with what did you have success?

Guide

I have used Montana Gold (acrylic spray) and had a dickens of a time getting acrylic paint to stick overtop. Not thrilled with the process. While interesting, it makes me wonder about longevity.

Click here to go to the information kiosk My You Tube Channel 48hlc48
            The only person you can't fool, is yourself! (Oz The Great and Powerful)
            "If you think you can, or think you can't, your right!"
            "The thing about art is that life is in no danger of being meaningless," Robert Genn

Rob’t Emmet

I too tried acrylics over Montana Gold on canvas. I discovered that since the sprayed area lifted off easily with brushes, I had to wipe down the sprayed area as prep for the acrylics brushwork. º¿º

pnqǝsoɹ

Guide

May I ask what you used to wipe the area down?

Click here to go to the information kiosk My You Tube Channel 48hlc48
                    The only person you can't fool, is yourself! (Oz The Great and Powerful)
                    "If you think you can, or think you can't, your right!"
                    "The thing about art is that life is in no danger of being meaningless," Robert Genn

ArtistPete

All of my sawblades, goldpans, milkcans, sickleblades, etc. are all primed with Rustoleum Flat Black or White Spray paint before I paint them with acrylics with brushes or airbrush. I use emery cloth to clean first. Been using spray paint as a primer on metal for over 20 years–no problems whatsoever.:thumbsup:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.