Home Forums Explore Subjects Plein Air Golden Opens on Artboard

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I have been looking for an easy to use and inexpensive support to use for plein air with my Golden Open Acrylics.

Based on a suggestion in the Acrylic Forum, I tried “Multimedia Artboard”. The first layer of paint went on with difficulty but then the support took the paint well. It was easy enough to add layers and texture. I am pretty happy with the Artboard. Below is my first effort on it. C&C welcome. Gary

6×8 Golden Opens on Multimedia Artboard
    [ATTACH]867089[/ATTACH]

"Painting is a verb"

A couple more sketches. C&C Welcome. Gary

Van parked in a scene that I was starting to paint. I decided to make it the focus.
    ~5×7
    [ATTACH]867194[/ATTACH]

Mt Timpanogos in the Evening
    ~4.6×7
    [ATTACH]867195[/ATTACH]

"Painting is a verb"

Gary, Nice work. I love the van, wonderful form shadow.

Thanks Patrick. Gary

"Painting is a verb"

vhere

I used this for cold wax painting and really liked it – waiting for my art supplier to get more stocks in,

Thanks vhere. I have tried the Artboard as it comes and with an acrylic matte medium. It is easier to get the paint to flow on matte medium but I lose the sense of texture. The Artboard also seems to work well for oils. Gary

"Painting is a verb"

skipstah

Nice work. Love that van!

WEBSITE

Thanks Michael. I almost got the idea of painting cars into a scene from you and your Vokswagens. Gary

"Painting is a verb"

ntl

Hey-what’s my van doing in your picture?
                Nice–all of them.

Thanks NTL. So you’re the one who pull up and parked in my view as I was starting to paint? Gary

"Painting is a verb"

ntl

No, not mine! The centers of my hubcaps are black. Mine has a small silver triangular shaped spot on the driver front hubcap, probably a stone ding. But it is a white 1995 Astrovan, “Vinnie Van Go”! :)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.