Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nessamelda

The subject that every amateur attacks (easily available and don’t moan when you ask them to sit still for more than five minutes).

Fabriano hot press watercolour paper, Winsor and Newton Gouache, about five inches square.

I haven’t painted anything other than digitally for some years, and most of what I have done has been pattern based rather than (attempting) realistic subjects. I am frightfully rusty and my drawing skills are definitely not what they were when I was a teenager. Combination of wearing multifocal lenses and arthritic hands! C&C welcome. I know it looks vaguely roselike, but doesn’t capture the soft back light from the original reference photo (one of my own)-the drawing wasn’t accurate enough and that makes the painting harder.

This is very pretty & I think you’ve captured the rose very well. It’s a subject I’ve been very reluctant to even try!

AbA

Good depth in the petals.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Nice work. For all the difficulties, I would say that this turned out well. For all their frailties, I keep reminding myself that the impressionists got better as they aged. Maybe there is hope for the rest of us? Gary

"Painting is a verb"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.