WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-02-2019, 09:04 AM
Immortalized
Plano, Texas

Hails from United States
Re: ** Daily Wash Sunday 2nd June 2019**

Woke up to light rain which has been going on all night on 3/100 of an inch worth. It rained last night after dinner, too! Great for the lawn and flowers since both are in a rejuvenating phase after being tramped and killed by the fence men. I did spread grass seed in the bare spots, and it is finally sprouting.

Ellen, I am so glad the wedding went off without a hitch, and a fun time was had by all! Weddings are such special events.

Char, You have the patience of a saint regarding your Internet service. I do not think I could survive without instant access. Our thermostat, fire/co2 alarm, and security system all use the Internet. Love the the cat and chicken kept you company during the storm.

Geoff, Doug, QS, Mike, Lulu, We are at the mercy of those in DC who receive big campaign donations from the NRA gun lobby. It is a wedge issue for elections. Right now sane heads do not prevail, and we just lumber along until the next incident. Doug, you can erase this if I have crossed a line.

My foot is still sore, so i will stay in place today. It did not swell too much, and I can walk without pain. So, I will be “forced” to play with my minis. to everyone.
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-02-2019, 11:08 AM
A WC! Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

Starting to be a nice day, but rain will follow. I've recovered, mostly, from the excitement of the last week, Friday night was lovely!

Lots of people came by for all three artists, a busy night. Tantalizing, as there's only a few minutes to talk to someone you haven't seen for a while, and then there's another person who wants to talk! Love it though Me on the right.

My favourite photo, youngest grand child and her tiny niece

Son and family

Glad you had a good time Ellen!

And good that your basement is still dry Char

Lulu, I am enjoying your sister's tour of Canada so much, wonderful to see it through fresh eyes, thanks for all the FB posts.

Uschi, I'm worried about that long term forecast, I guess it was to be expected, after last year. Well, probably no wild fires either, but I will have to take a couple of tarps with me, and my rain gear for camping. Still worth it!

Sorry your foot is hurting Nancy, I have some ongoing problems too, so I know what it is like. It does inhibit activity. Hope you are done with it soon.

Time to get out and plant some seeds before it rains again. Hope everyone has a good day!

"Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

Last edited by LynnM : 06-02-2019 at 11:23 AM.
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-02-2019, 11:11 AM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Just lovely, Lynn.
Bill

#19   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-02-2019, 11:20 AM
A WC! Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

Thanks Bill!

"Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-02-2019, 11:24 AM
Immortalized
Plano, Texas

Hails from United States

Lynn, What a lovely event to celebrate your showing. So glad that your son and family were there to celebrate with you! Beautiful photos!

Off to cook Sunday breakfast.
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-02-2019, 11:33 AM
Enthusiast
Cobble Hill, BC

Hails from Canada

Congratulations Lynn on your show, and lovely photos of you and your family.

We could sure do with some of your rain - trade you for some of our sun. Fortunately, it's not been too hot lately - some marine cloud in the morning helps, and our pond always has a bit of a breeze.

A couple of days at the pond I heard a sneeze, and yesterday we saw the deer that was sneezing. She was just standing in the bushes, eating, and looking right at us.

Last night, about 3, I woke up to 2 owls talking back and forth, and this morning early the ravens and all their babies woke us all up. The quail have taken up residence in our garden, whichi is great.

Glad you enjoyed the wedding trip, Ellen. Betty
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-02-2019, 11:41 AM
Veteran Member

Beautiful Lynn! I love that in the last pic everybody is looking at the camera, but the baby is looking at you.

Big wildfires in Alberta right now! And it’s so early in the season. I’m very worried about fires here and in BC (since much of the BC smoke ends up here). I was thinking about all that yesterday since I was driving by burned out areas from two years ago. I need to buy a HEPA filter before it starts this year. I passed one of the big Seattle reservoirs at the top of a pass yesterday and it was far from full despite all the snow this last winter. Scary since we are already in drought status.

Nancy, when you have so many systems connected, what happens if there is an extended internet outage, like following a storm? Are there manual overrides if you have power, but no internet?

Running errands today and then making jewelry for my sister for her birthday. I remembered I’d bought supplies ($$$) for some different leather bracelets for her some time ago so I’ll do that this afternoon.
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-02-2019, 12:56 PM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom

Lovely photos Lynn, what a nice family shot.

Well, the day brightened up and we have had a sunny afternoon.

Doug
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-02-2019, 12:56 PM
A WC! Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

Thanks Tracy, Betty and Nancy, yes it was fun, and the best part was being with the family for a while.

I hadn't noticed that Tracy, but you are right! She is so happy and friendly, never had that time of 'making strange' that many children go through.

So lovely that you can be close to your wildlife like that, Betty!

#25   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-02-2019, 01:14 PM
Immortalized
Plano, Texas

Hails from United States

The HVAC, Thermostat, and fire CO2 detector keep running because of electric. The alarm has to reset. We switch to phones for Internet access and have two solar portable rechargers to keep the phones going. We are in a metro area, so things are repaired quite quickly—unless major storm like Dayton hit.
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-02-2019, 03:44 PM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Hails from United Kingdom

Lynn...that baby is growing fast....lovely.

geoff
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-02-2019, 06:40 PM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Beautiful photos Lynn. You have a gorgeous family. Love the artwork!!

Must run, cleaning lady is almost here, and I need to do my breakfast dishes..

((Nancy))

Hugs to all
  #28   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-02-2019, 06:58 PM
A WC! Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

Thanks Doug and JJ! I missed you earlier, Doug

#29   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-02-2019, 07:11 PM
Lord of the Arts
Peterborough, Ontario

Hails from Canada

Lynn beautiful pics of your art and family!

http://sharonamer.blogspot.com/