Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting As the Oily Rag Burns….Come and Chat..March 20!7!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 283 total)
  • Author
    !becca

Spontaneous combustion in this thread!!! Post your non-oil works…photos..or just come and chat…Everyone is welcome…!!! :angel: ;) :eek: :cool: :cat: :thumbsup: :crying: :heart: :lol: :music: :o :wink2: :clear:

Becca “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
        Becca's Fine Art

NancyMP

Carey, a link for you and the children for great places to visit in Virginia. Of course, you’re probably way ahead of me on that!

https://www.google.com/search?q=Amazon&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&client=seamonkey-a#q=virginia+attractions&*

Nancy http://nancyparkfineart.com
            All human beings are dream beings. Dreaming ties all mankind together. - Jack Kerouac

mtpalms

:wave: Good Morning Oilycas!!!

WC seems to be flickering on and off, hope nothing is going haywire.

Carey, glad you enjoyed the link. :thumbsup: Culturally Japan seems to be a land of extreme constrasts. From very zen, like most of this series, to absolutely zany and nuts.

As for the house:

New link to my latest work.[/url]
                "The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier they dug on hallowed ground
                But the tomb of the unknown artist is nowhere to be found."

Hiii Oilies! :heart:

Lady Mars Orange Marmalade Stapleford
                Moderator: OIls, Pastels, Plein Air

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. -Oscar Wilde

mtpalms

Yep, somethings going awry, this was a double post with a post in between!

Hi Jessicat! :wave:

Marcia flickered twice!

the…as Derek says it is called… TIGHTENING THINGY on my easel died and will no longer secure my paintings so I have to replace it. I don’t know the gauge so I will take a field trip to Home Depot today and see if I can find….something…. to replace my TIGHTENING THINGY.

Carey Griffel

Good luck on the Tightening Thingy. If you could find me some grout cleaner, too, that would be great. :D

Thanks for the ideas, Nancy!

I haven’t officially heard back on our offer, but it seems like the “conditions” are…they need to have some boxes unchecked on the form. :rolleyes:

Marcia, that’s a good way of putting it, it’s one reason that Japan tends to fascinate, I think.

Can’t hardly believe it’s March. I think the year hasn’t officially really started til around March. January and February just don’t count in a lot of ways.

I’m still not really comfortable in this temporary house…yes, it’s only temporary, but I’m still getting very irritated at the little annoyances that come when you treat a living place as temporary. So today I’m reorganizing my pantry space…again. Well, it was really only half done before. Hopefully after this I will just feel a little better in general about the space around me. Not counting this kitchen floor I have to clean…. :( It is tile and the grout is all entirely *black*. I can’t even effectively sweep. Like at all. All dirt gets instantly greasy and sticky. It. Is. Nasty.

My husband, bless his heart, thinks I’m putting way too much effort into getting it clean. I tried my best to ignore it, but it really is just unlivable this way. College kids are gross. They are way more gross than cats or dogs or even hamsters.

* Zaney Zebras (blog) * facebook art page * facebook floral design page * Recipe Blog *
                        "...I wished to live deliberately...and not, when I came to die, discover that I have not lived." ---Henry David Thoreau

Carey: Flood your kitchen floor with strong bleach-water. I do that sometimes because i have a white floor.
                        THIS TOO SHALL PASS!! oh yuck.

I went to home depot and got the gague size…order placed thru Amazon for star knob bolts! For some odd reason my search for “TIGHTENING THINGY” wasn’t helpful. :confused:

LoganArt

Carey: I feel your pain. Wash EVERYTHING with bleach. EVen the walls – you will feel better so it’s totally worth it.

Tightening thingies — ugh what a pain. I plein air painted today, rolled my wheeled easel back to the car, noticed it seemed to drag – one of the many thingies had loosened despite my careful de-construction (the thing is a puzzle to set up/take down) so it had one leg dropped down pushing merrily along in the sand and probably needs FIXIN’.
                            Fortunately hubby is a mechanical engineer who practically salivates over the thought of doing a repair. Otherwise this is one of many expensive items I wouldl’ve thrown against the wall already.
                            Stapeliad: He always knows some better name for things than TIGHTENING THINGIE. So annoying.

C&C always welcome
                            NancyMP

My paint box doesn’t need a Tightening Thingy – I can’t get the lid airtight any more. I think it’s finally on its last legs, and I need to go over to Hobby Lobby and get a new Masters box. I gotta face it: things don’t last forever! I’ve got a 50% off coupon for this week. Both Himself and I tried to get the lid to fit, so I know it’s given up the ghost.

The temperatures are dropping tomorrow, and I hope the Bradford pear trees – all of which are blooming – survive. Western Oklahoma will be getting the worst of it, though, with freezing temps. We will be at about 50% in central OK, but the winds are supposed to be harsh. Not too far now from tornado season.:eek:

My only son is having a birthday tomorrow, so I’m taking him out for dinner. I need to get some paintings together for the gallery in the morning – we meet at 10 ayem tomorrow.

Carey, it sounds like you’re in a Clorox mode – it really is tough when the previous people haven’t kept it clean!:clear:

All human beings are dream beings. Dreaming ties all mankind together. - Jack Kerouac

mtpalms

:wave: Hi everybody!

Went to the Huntington with friends today, just had the best time!

Good on ya, Jessicat, getting your replacement “tightening thingy”. It is so frustrating when you need to replace or find something that you know exists, but do not know the proper name for.

Carey, I have to nix the bleach. I hate that stuff. There are better alternatives, and I kinda like this one, even though it uses muriatic acid (available where pool cleaning supplies are sold), it seems to really do the trick.
                                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7BnwKlUkr4A

GRUMBLE GRUMBLE

I was getting tea in the office kitchen this morning and the other guy in there called me sweetie.

I HATE THAT.

Normally i would have said Don’t Call Me Sweetie but my brain was pre-tea and I’m just not very functional so I didn’t and now I’m mad at myself for it.

And here is a pastel painting from when Furball knocked over my tray of pastels. 9×12

NancyMP

Furball has a taste for art. What makes me laugh is the “what’s wrong with that?” expression on her face! Maybe she wants her own pastels?:lol:

Greg Long

Hi all, just poppin in with access to a computor. We need an app for our phones or tablets :( I don’t use my laptop here at the moment and I’m kinda missing my WC. Se ya’ll soon.

Greg Long

GRUMBLE GRUMBLE

I was getting tea in the office kitchen this morning and the other guy in there called me sweetie.

[B][COLOR=”DarkRed]I HATE THAT.[/COLOR][/B]

Normally i would have said Don’t Call Me Sweetie but my brain was pre-tea and I’m just not very functional so I didn’t and now I’m mad at myself for it.

Next time call him Dumbass.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 283 total)
                                              • The topic ‘As the Oily Rag Burns….Come and Chat..March 20!7!!!!’ is closed to new replies.