Home Forums Explore Media Colored Pencil New Koh-i-Noor polycolor shades??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    amorozova

Friends, does anyone know, if these shades of KIN Polycolor are new, or it is just another change of numbers, as it was some time ago already?

Anna

ManedWolf

Never heard… interesting. Perhaps they are expanding the range?

Some hues have been changed as this colour chart shows:

http://www.papierniczy.net.pl/uploads/images/wzornik-polycolor-kredki-koh-i-noor.jpg

This is the old: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/8d/06/fb/8d06fb9fb12d9303a193d5d3c649001a.jpg

The 207 Burnt sienna looks very useful as there has been a huge gap between the yellow ochres and darker browns.

Interestingly, this chart suggests that K-i-n Progressos would be now available in 96 colours – “kredki progresso 96 kolorów”:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/9e/ac/aa/9eacaa31dd8c659997962cdcafe7ad2c.jpg

I wonder if the name “Windsor violet” is taken from Winsor & Newton’s Winsor violet…?

Heikki

gerda.s

I have a couple of Koh-I-Noor sets (Mondeluz, Progresso Aquarell 48) and they both have different sets of color numbers than I can find in any chart. They just seem to replace the colors when they feel like it. In some cases it looks like they might have replaced some of the more fugitive colors, but since it’s difficult to identify the newer colors (with higher numbers) it’s hard to tell. There’s no chart on the box, just tiny little squares of color with no identifiers. So I look online for charts and they never match.

Kosmon

Anna – I don’t know the Polycolors, but I do know that the curent KiN Mondeluz aquarelle pencils don’t have all the same numbers as on the available color chart. There are a few with higher i.d. numbers in my 72-pencil set that appear to be close replacements for the numbers that are missing.

Heikki – Thanks for the info, as always. I have the 48 stick set of Progresso Aquarelles, and wouldn’t mind having 96.

However, the link you provided is actually the color chart for the 72-color Mondeluz aquarelle set (3720, the good gold-tipped ones – as opposed to the 3710, which are the just-okay plain-tip budget version).

Hmmm – I just found this chart for the 3720 Mondeluz that has 83 colors on it. And the numbers match the ones Anna is asking about in her Polycolor set:

http://www.koh-i-noor.pl/img/f67dfb64_large.jpg

Now I’ll have to get out my Mondeluz tin and compare.

Kos

Hemmed & Hawn
                    from
                    PERESTRELLO's BOX[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]
                    Root, Bone, Sticks & Stone
                    Kosmon

Here’s the 83-color KiN Mondeluz 3720 chart:

Kos

Hemmed & Hawn
                        from
                        amorozova

Well, some time ago I contacted with KIN representative and they sent me a replacement chart (for period of October 14, 2014)
                            the mondeluz was (old-new):
                            6-no color for now
                            10-131
                            11-177
                            12-178 still 12 in warehouse
                            14-179
                            37-170
                            46-126
                            49-180
                            50-181
                            51-182 still 51 in warehouse

polycolor:
                            6-170
                            10-131
                            11-177 still 11 in warehouse
                            12-178 still 12 in warehouse
                            14-179
                            46-126
                            49-180 still 49 in warehouse
                            50-181 still 181 in warehouse
                            51-182 still 51 in warehouse

But accordind to Cosmon, they seem to re-change the line fully.

96 progresso???????? my precccccccciousssssssssssssssssssssssssss :lol: I want them all!

Anna

Kosmon

Thanks Anna! That’s very useful.

And then here, finally, is a link to a KIN Polycolor chart showing 96 colors:

http://www.koh-i-noor.pl/polycolor-3800,prod,19,167.php

Kos

Hemmed & Hawn
                                from
                                amorozova

Kosmon, I won’t sleep a night!

Anna

Kosmon

I learned a lot too, and have some sorting to do.

All the times I’ve looked for Koh-I-Noor charts, I never ended up on their Polish page before.

Kos

Hemmed & Hawn
                                        from
                                        gerda.s

Thanks for the charts! Very useful.

What is the difference between the Dick Blick set and the KIN Polycolor? I have the Dick Blick and I’m wondering if there’s any point in getting the Polycolor…

ManedWolf

However, the link you provided is actually the color chart for the 72-color Mondeluz aquarelle set (3720, the good gold-tipped ones – as opposed to the 3710, which are the just-okay plain-tip budget version).

Ah, you’re right! I let the “kredki progresso 96 kolorów” text misguide me.

Anyway, a 96 set would be tasty!

Heikki

Minerva C

They have some theme boxes. The first tree colours are in my set of 12 “brown” pencils. There also are boxes with only grey pencils, portrait and landscape.

C

"It is only when we are no longer fearful that we begin to create."
                                                    J.M.W. Turner

ManedWolf
                                                        Minerva C

I have the landscape set but it has too many blue, few brown and no grey. It does not really work. But I also have the brown and grey sets so the problem is solved :)

C

"It is only when we are no longer fearful that we begin to create."
                                                            J.M.W. Turner

Kosmon

Checking my own sets with the charts that have come up here, together with the info from the KIN rep that Anna shared above, I think I finally get the name and numbering changes for the KIN Mondeluz aquarelle pencils.

From a hand-colored chart posted here on WetCanvas in 2008, the original set had pencils numbered 01-72.

At some point, pencils 39 and 40 (two different shades of grey) were replaced by:

73 – Carmine Red Light
                                                                74 – Brown Ochre

And that’s what’s reflected on the officially posted color charts I’ve had for years – pencils numbered 01-74 with no 39 or 40.

Then, as Anna shared above, the following replacements were made:

10 – Pink replaced by 131 – French Pink
                                                                11 – Light Violet replaced by 177 – Lilac Violet
                                                                12 – Red Violet replaced by 178 – Reddish Violet 2
                                                                14 – Blue Violet replaced by 179 – Bluish Violet 2
                                                                37 – Cherry Red replaced by 170 – Pyrrole Red
                                                                46 – Dark Orange replaced by 126 – Persian Orange
                                                                49 – Permanent Violet replaced by 180 – Lavender Violet Dark
                                                                50 – Windsor Violet replaced by 181 – Windsor Violet 2
                                                                51 – Delft Blue replaced by 182 – Dark Violet 2

. . . and that matches the set I have.

These three colors are only in the Brown set of 12 pencils:

207 – Burnt Sienna
                                                                212 – Caput Mortuum
                                                                214 – Earth Brown Dark

These six colors are only in the Portrait set of 24 pencils:

350 – Medium Flesh
                                                                351 – Reddish Flesh
                                                                352 – Blush Pink
                                                                353 – Amaranth Pink
                                                                354 – Pink Orange
                                                                355 – Peach Orange

The original (replaced) grey shades 39 and 40 may still be in the Grey set of 12 pencils, but I don’t have that one, so can’t verify.

That leaves two pencils I can’t place:

132 – Carmine Red (but there’s a 07 – Carmine Red in my set of 72)
                                                                139 – Cobalt Blue Light (there’s a 17 – Cobalt Blue in my set of 72)

Can’t speak to the Polycolors as I don’t have any, but they share the same color id’s, and the sequence of changes is probably a pretty close match.

Thanks everyone, for sharing info and charts!

Kos

Hemmed & Hawn
                                                                from
                                                              Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.