Home Forums Explore Media Airbrush Iwata Studio vs Sparmax (or alternative suggestions!)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lee Kozoroh

Hi there,

I’m looking at a compressor to start out with. As much as I would love a big, cheap, loud compessor that does the job, I live in a shared house with pretty thin walls in a single room, so unfortunately, the compressor needs to be quiet. I’ve kind of simmered down to two compressors and want opinions.

Sparmax-TC-610H
        http://www.graphicair.co.uk/products/Iwata-Studio-Series-Smart-Jet-Pro-Airbrush-Compressor.html

And

Iwata Studio Series Smart Jet Pro
        https://www.air-craft.net/acatalog/Sparmax-TC-610H-Airbrush-Compressor.html#SID=2025

– For use with Iwata HB-CS
        – For painting A4/A3 sized gessoboard/clayboard
        – Acrylic paint
        – Fantasy creatures and the like
        – I live in the UK

Alternative suggestions are welcome but even the Iwata is a bit of a stretch on my wallet at £250 which is why the Sparmax at nearly £100 less appeals to me. :thumbsup:

Lee Kozoroh

Shortly after opening this thread a friend of mine found a nice little deal for me! :clap: :angel:

No need to worry about my questions! :rolleyes:

fedetony

I have sparmax and is great… just get one with a tank and a water trap that allows you to have 4 Bar pressure output…

Federico Garcia
                My Blog
                C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

airbrush_ken

Iwata Doesn’t manufacture compressors. The pumps they sell are made by “Sparmax”. It’s been that way for close to 15 or so years. I was the service agent for Iwata and Sparmax here in Australia (Australian Airbrush Co.).

When Iwata offered them in the beginning they would cost you almost twice the price for the exact same machine from Sparmax. Sadly they weren’t sold directly in the USA for some years. I even told a few of my students if they liked the Iwata idea so much I could cut them a sticker to paste on their Sparmax pump…lol… Less then 12 months later Iwata finally dropped their prices here.
                    A side note: Sparmax has new managers and they have shifted directions. They seem more interested in the makeup world and their new compressors reflect that direction. I will no longer service their units as I can no longer get updated wiring diagrams and any other information from them. Finding someone who will service those units may be an issue in the future.

I still have two rebuilt units from Day One when they approached me all those years ago, plus a couple of oil bath units from 1993…older than dirt!

Ken

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.