Home Forums The Art Business Center General Art Business Internet Sales Strategies what do you think about fineartamerica.com?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 205 total)
  • Author
    cuttineagle

I would like to know how is your experience with fineartamerica.com? do you trust their system and submit your work for reproduction? Have you made sales through them?

[FONT=Georgia]Do what you love to do........because that`s what you do best!

clementine

I have just registered there for prints of some of my works…I got comments…but there are so many works there that really I think you need lot of luck to get sales ..:(
            clem

Diane Cutter

A good friend, Monica Linville, uses them and has been happy with the site but she also aggressively markets her work and most sales have come through her efforts elsewhere and not necessarily the site. I’m close to using it myself because of her experience.

Diane

cuttineagle

I registered there, but I am kinda hesitating to give them my scanned art for reproduction, I `m afraid of them abusing it…?maybe I`ll try some of my older artworks and sketches at the beginning,I thought….., but as u mentioned, there is so many artworks for sale over there to choose from, that I am afraid I won`t do any sales with my non-top pieces….. :-)

[FONT=Georgia]Do what you love to do........because that`s what you do best!

sks

I’ve been with them for a few years now but have only had one or two sales… and nothing really worth while…..
                        I’m considering not re-newing as it just seems to be very few sales on there.
                        Although one does keep hoping :rolleyes: :D
                        Cheers
                        Sharon

EyeSpy

Based on the positive sales experiences of a fellow photographer (from another forum), I’m planning to try FAA, someday soon. FAA is free to join and exhibit your work, but $30/year for POD service (plus a personal website).

Here’s a link to a review of FAA from Digital Image Magazine — the ‘Comments’ section is especially telling, with many FAA artists chiming in with their thoughts.

http://www.digitalimagemagazine.com/blog/featured/marketing-a-review-of-fine-art-america/

FAA has grown significantly over the last few years, and, from what I’ve read (recently, articles about FAA are popping up everywhere), their features and traffic have increased at a rapid pace.

I’ll order some print samples of my own work, before I join — if the quality is good, I’m willing to invest $30 for a year. That’s a pretty affordable experiment, in the scheme of things. If nothing else, I’ll get much more than $30 worth of exposure for my work. When I consider some of the opportunities which have come my way through my galleries at Zazzle and RedBubble (sales, shows, having my work published, etc), this seems like a win/win deal.

As for uploading high-resolution images, online — that’s a leap of faith you’ll eventually have to take, if you’re serious about selling art through any online POD service(s). I’ve been selling online for more than five years and haven’t had any problems, yet . . . that I know of, at least. ;)

My Fine Art Prints - Paper, Framed, Canvas, Acrylic, Metal.[/url]
                            Website - Information and portfolio.[/URL]

surreal

Based on the positive sales experiences of a fellow photographer (from another forum), I’m planning to try FAA, someday soon. FAA is free to join and exhibit your work, but $30/year for POD service (plus a personal website).

Here’s a link to a review of FAA from Digital Image Magazine — the ‘Comments’ section is especially telling, with many FAA artists chiming in with their thoughts.

[url]http://www.digitalimagemagazine.com/blog/featured/marketing-a-review-of-fine-art-america/[/url]

FAA has grown significantly over the last few years, and, from what I’ve read (recently, articles about FAA are popping up [I]everywhere[/I]), their features and traffic have increased at a rapid pace.

I’ll order some print samples of my own work, before I join — if the quality is good, I’m willing to invest $30 for a year. That’s a pretty affordable experiment, in the scheme of things. If nothing else, I’ll get much more than $30 worth of exposure for my work. When I consider some of the opportunities which have come my way through my galleries at Zazzle and RedBubble (sales, shows, having my work published, etc), this seems like a win/win deal.

As for uploading high-resolution images, online — that’s a leap of faith you’ll eventually have to take, if you’re serious about selling art through any online POD service(s). I’ve been selling online for more than five years and haven’t had any problems, yet . . . that I know of, at least. ;)

Thank you very much for your considerable feedback!
                                :wave:

call

I have been a member for some time but only recently shelled out the $30 for the chance of selling prints. I figured the cost was minimal so if it doesn’t get results it won’t break the bank.

surreal

I have been a member for some time but only recently shelled out the $30 for the chance of selling prints. I figured the cost was minimal so if it doesn’t get results it won’t break the bank.

Good luck to you!
                                        :)

glasschick

I recently signed up for a printing account with fineartamerica and really liked the ease of creating my site. I was super impressed when I received an inquiry from someone out of the country wanting to purchase one of my paintings that I had just listed. We corresponded back and forth for a couple of days (haggling over price and shipping issues)….to make a long story short it turned out the “buyer” was from Togo and presented me with a money order for $600 more than the purchase price. Nigeria scam all the way :mad: Since then I’ve received a bunch of very nice comments from other artists on the site but zero sales. I’m on the fence about renewing when the contract ends.

surreal

I recently signed up for a printing account with fineartamerica and really liked the ease of creating my site. I was super impressed when I received an inquiry from someone out of the country wanting to purchase one of my paintings that I had just listed. We corresponded back and forth for a couple of days (haggling over price and shipping issues)….to make a long story short it turned out the “buyer” was from Togo and presented me with a money order for $600 more than the purchase price. Nigeria scam all the way :mad: Since then I’ve received a bunch of very nice comments from other artists on the site but zero sales. I’m on the fence about renewing when the contract ends.

I am very sorry to hear about your bad experience. :(

surreal

A good friend, [URL=http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/monica-linville.html]Monica Linville[/URL], uses them and has been happy with the site but she also aggressively markets her work and most sales have come through her efforts elsewhere and not necessarily the site. I’m close to using it myself because of her experience.

Diane

That’s nice to hear about Monica’s sales! :)

If you use this site, I wish you the best of luck with it. :)

I joined it just over a month ago. I’ve been trying to draw traffic there through facebook and twitter. I’ve had a decent number of ‘visitors’ to my work, and some very nice comments, but no sales yet. I’m hoping friends/family and other contacts who won’t buy an original painting might buy a print or some notecards.:o

aglasschick- sorry about your bad experience, I’ve heard of several other artists running into scammers like that on the internet recently

my website: http://www.ChristineFontenot.com
                                                    http://christinedrawing365.posterous.com/
                                                    "Colour is my day-long obsession, joy and torment." (Claude Monet) :wave:

kurt50

I have been a member of Fine Art America for about 2 years, paying the $30 a year for premium to sell prints. At the end of the first year I did get one or two sales. I especially started selling even better after I used their “Artwork page sponsorship program” it directs more traffic to your images. I’m not much of a “facebook” user, but I would think for people that do a lot of facebook to try and promote their art business, it may help.
                                                        So far I have received nearly $1000 from Fine Art America for the sales! Most of it in the last nine months. No cost to me but the $30 per year and the time to upload the images.
                                                        I have also ordered a large format canvas print 36″ X 48″ mounted in a floating frame for a customer. The quality of the image and product was superb! The shipping and packing was expensive but well worth it as the packing job was excellent, made to withstand FedEx and UPS mishandling.
                                                        Overall I would give Fine Art America a grade A- and the minus is that I would like to see even more sales. On Fine Art America: Kurt Van Wagner

CarlyHardy

Kurt, nice to hear about your success with FAA! I missed a couple of sales this winter because I was relocating and off computer for awhile. Someone wanted larger prints than my images would create. FAA contacted me but I didn’t find the messages until a month later. I do know of another artist who has sold quite a few prints from the site…you can check out his work. Don Maier, watercolorist.

I haven’t ordered any prints of my own but now that I have a place to sell them, I will.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 205 total)
                                                          • The topic ‘what do you think about fineartamerica.com?’ is closed to new replies.