Home Forums The Town Center Garden of Memories of WC Members Nicholas Simmons’ Eulogy Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author

For those who remember Nick Simmons on wetcanvas unfortunately bad news that this brilliant artist is no longer with us. Tragic news

indianagreg

Sorry to pass on some sad news this morning. On Konstantin Sterkhov’s blog he’s reporting the death of Nicholas Simmons; he was only 47. :(

Greg

HarvestMoon

I am so sorry to hear this news! I used to be online friends with him, until he got mad about me getting angry that he shredded one of his paintings I thought was fantastic. Now I understand him not wanting something kept that he felt was inferior, but he was a great artist and a showman to boot! As well as so accomplished at the guitar.

Harvest Moon 🐐

Marcio C

This is tragic, I’m very sorry to hear this, he goes away way too early…
                I’m glad I got to know him and his sense of humor, and the talent in his art. My thoughts go to his friends and family.

rickyhpierre

This is so sad! Condolences to his family and friends. A tragic loss. He had such talent and made so may beautiful paintings.

Ricky

olliewood0702

I’m sad at the loss of such an innovative artist who’s work I really admired. He was an enthusiastic artist and accomplished musician, who had many friends. Condolences to his wife and daughter and all of his family and friends. I will always remember him from here on WetCanvas.:crying:

Darla

If I create from the heart, nearly everything works: if from the head, almost nothing. — Marc Chagall

Catwoman2

I am so sorry to hear the horrible news! I noticed that someone had bumped one of Nick’s old threads over in The Learning Zone and I was smiling and wondering how he was doing these days… and then I skipped to the end of the thread and saw that he had passed away. :(

I will always remember how kind he was to me when I first joined this forum several years ago, and how generous he was with both his knowledge and his friendly words of encouragement.

My condolences to his family and friends. I wish I would have had a chance to have met him in real life. As it is, the closest I got was when I bought his DVD, which I still watch when I need a boost of creativity.

Again, I am so very sorry.

HarvestMoon

Does anyone have any idea what happened?

Harvest Moon 🐐

IrishRose

On Nick’s Facebook page, back in August he wrote about some health problems he had and everyone wished him a speedy recovery. I used to correspond with Nick about 8-10 years ago.. he was the nicest person, always uplifting and encouraging, he loved his wife and daughter fiercely and was a passionate and gifted human being. I will be praying for his family. :(

~~Rose~~
                                    C
                                    OLOR MY WORLD - My FB Oil Pastel Paintings
                                    [/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
                                    IrishRose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O44hgIJUYCQ Nick has some great music on his youtube channel.. over the years I’ve listened and truly appreciated his talent.

~~Rose~~
                                        C
                                        OLOR MY WORLD - My FB Oil Pastel Paintings
                                        [/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
                                        Terry

Such a great loss, and way too young. I clicked on Nick’s name to pull up the threads that he started, and will look forward to reading some of the great pearls that he shared with WC.

I was stunned yesterday when I heard of Nick’s passing! What a fine, fine artist with such a flair for color!! Loved his musical abilities, too! The Art World has lost a gem of an artist!! I remember him from when I first joined WetCanvas and have watched him venture out and grow into an International artist!! :thumbsup:

God’s blessings to his wife and daughter!!

Katherine :music: :music:

Reference Image Library
                                            Posting Guidelines & Other Info HERE
                                            WATERCOLOR HANDBOOK

mhimeswc

Like many of you, I “met” Nick here on Wetcanvas. His paintings were eye candy for me, and I would get excited every time I saw his user name, wondering what he would create next. I loved when he commented on one of my paintings, he was always kind and encouraging. I’ve followed his career and am amazed at what he has accomplished since then. The art world has suffered a great loss. My heart goes out to his wife and daughter. RIP Nick.

D’Lady

:( Damn.

Nick’s advice and encouragement when I first found this forum was one of the primary reasons I kept coming back.

I thought he was a fantastic artist, and he always seemed like a genuinely nice person, too.

My condolences to his family. I remember his posts about his wife and daughter, and how they meant the whole world to him.

-DragonLady

Which would be the bigger waste:
                                                    your art supplies, or your creative soul?

juneto

I am shocked beyond words .Nick was always a faithful friend for years and I had the honor of having him as a guest years ago twice.
                                                        Hard to believe one so young is gone . He was passionate about Art , Music , Olga and Larissa .
                                                        I am speechless and sorrowful !!!
                                                        June:crying:

Follow your Bliss and the Universe will open doors for you , where there were only walls. Joseph Campbell

http://blogmomcom.blogspot.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
                                                      • The topic ‘Nicholas Simmons’ Eulogy Thread’ is closed to new replies.