Home Forums Explore Subjects Animal and Wildlife Subjects GIVING & RECEIVING FEEDBACK ON THREADS – All members please read

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Hullo everyone :wave:

I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF ALL MEMBERS READ AND COMMENT ON THIS THREAD. :thumbsup:

We have recently received communications from many upset members of our Forum because some members are posting work and NEVER bothering to comment on other members Threads or posts.

You all know that the Animal & Wildlife Forum is an extremely friendly and interactive Forum. Your Moderators, Chammi and myself and our wonderful Guides, work very hard to make sure everyone has a voice and also everyone has replies to their artwork posts. We only work that way as most members are kind enough, as well as posting their work, to also comment on other members artwork and also THANK those that have commented on their artwork.[/B]

I know most members go to a lot of trouble to comment on other member’s posts, but we need to ensure that IF YOU POST AN ARTWORK HERE IN OUR FORUM YOU DO TRY TO ALSO COMMENT ON OTHER MEMBER’S ARtWORK. And of course thank those who have taken the time to comment on yours. [/U][/I]

Please reply to this Thread so I can see you’ve read and understood it.
    Many thanks to you all for trying to keep our wonderful Forum friendly and welcoming to all members
    :grouphug:

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

:thumbsup:

Christel

Thanks for reminding everyone about this Vivien. I have also had upset members who never receive a thank you for their comments and have complained that certain folk are just not commenting at all but expecting feedback on their own works. It is very important that we work together on this forum. There are wonderful artists here who are generous with their feedback and we are lucky to have such a friendly and caring bunch of people on our forum. Let’s give as well as take!

Chammi
    My Blog/WIP's and Tips: Chammi's Art Escapades

Pat

Agreed!:grouphug:

~Pat

Pat St.Onge/ FineArtAmerica
        PAWS Painter (Etsy)

Triduana

Good post Viv, thank you :thumbsup:

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

Johndk

:thumbsup:

My apologies – I am sometimes not able to comment or respond due to other commitments – so some time may elapse between a comment and my response. No offense was intended.

As long as there is light, I will paint it.

Thanks for posting this. I fully agree. A great and important reminder for us all. :)

Jenna

My website: https://www.thecozyred.com/

Boafamily

Paying it forward makes sense to me.

Christel, Chammi, Pat, KayM, John, Jenna, and Anthony – many thanks for replying and commenting.

Keke2313

My apologies. I will try and comment more often. I know I’ve been bad at that but I felt I wasn’t experienced enough to critique BUT I can say when something os beautiful. I’ll work harder on that. :)

Monastic Bat

Thanks for posting this, I agree 100%.
                            Regards,
                            Greg.

[FONT=Century Gothic]So when is this "Old enough to know better" supposed to kick in??? :lol:

Me too, agree wholeheartedly! I might have to do a version of this post over in Abstracts/Contemporary even though administrator Jon put one like it awhile ago. Even if you feel you have not the experience to critique you can at least comment “I love this”, or “I like how you included purple in the background” that is innocuous enough.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Bigfoot

Good thread. I have to admit to not commenting enough on the work of others. When something really strikes me I do try to comment, but certainly not often enough.
                                However, I often feel unqualified to comment. I suspect others may feel the same? When looking at someones work, I may think “that should be lighter or darker, or a different color, or”….but I certainly don’t feel qualified to say so. As an occasional painter – sometimes I might get one done in a year..sometimes it takes longer – my comments may not have much value in evaluating a painting. When I post a painting I am often in need of help with something I can’t figure out. Thanks to those who have posted on those and offered suggestions. They have been very helpful. Wish I could do the same for others.
                                With that said, your point about supporting others on this forum is a good one. Will try to do better.

SnapV

I’m also guilty of this I think. I post on some threads but on many I mean to do it later and then I just forget. I’ll try to do better. Thanks for reminding us Viv.

Virginie

All C&C welcome: I want to improve!

Keke, Greg, KreativeK, Bigfoot, and Virginie, thanks for your comments.

Bigfoot – It isn’t necessary to critique, only critique those members who have asked for C&C’s. A brief comment on members work is what is required for most and don’t forget to thank those members who’ve commented on your own painting.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.