Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Ellis Ammons

These little guys and gals were basking in the sun half asleep down by the bay. Know as skimmers, they skim the top of the water with just their beaks breaking the surface until they hit a fish and go down with a big splash :)

18×18 oil on birch. 2 layers.. and the paint is still wet so a little glare

thanks for looks c&c welcome

Check out my work in the acrylics Hall of Fame Camellia WIP
        oil and acrylic paintings..

jonc50

Nice work Ellis.

Triduana

Beautiful work on those feathers. :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

fedetony

Cool…:) nice image :)

Federico Garcia
                    My Blog
                    C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

Very good. I particularly like this the feathers, and lovely bright colours.

Penny
                    I live in Wiltshire, England
                    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Well done, Ellis.

Christel

Lovely colours Ellis. Are these two a male and female or an immature bird in the front?

Chammi
                    My Blog/WIP's and Tips: Chammi's Art Escapades

Konfuzd

Great colour!

C & C is A-OK!

Ellis Ammons

Thank you Jonc, Kay, Federico, Penny, Christel, Chammi and Rene. Extremely talented artists here and I’m honored that you would all take the time to enjoy my work.

As far as the identity of the birds.. I’m not sure. I believe they are male and female. But the one in front is kinda fuzzy like a young bird. It’s hard to see but that one has a little feather in it’s beak. Maybe they were loosing their winter feathers. I will ask them next time I see them :).

Boafamily

Love the composition and the colors are rich and really set the scene.

Ellis Ammons

Thank you very much for enjoying the skimmers Anthony.

Fabulous bird art! A great pair facing the day together. Love this!!!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.