Home Forums The Town Center Café Guerbois How can I get creasesdents out of a painting?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

I really need help. I’ve just done a painting in Acrylic on a pre-made canvas. Was hoping the crease and dents at one side would come out once painted on but they haven’t. Is there anyway of getting them out at all?
    Am due to take painting into a Gallery tomorrow but its no good with the dents in!
    Thanks in advance. :-)

snoball

Can’t advise without seeing the dent but you might try wetting the back side of the canvas and drying it back out with a hair dryer.

If you're asking me for advice, I'm going to assume that you've run out of rational options.
        My work on Facebook

John Emmett

[FONT=”Georgia]Make those areas wet on the back. A few times should stretch it to normal. [/FONT]

Thanks, I would have to take the staples out on the one side in order to stretch it as its not canvas that I have put to frame and don’t think its just made of cotton fabric, but can give it a go.

snoball

You shouldn’t have to stretch it if it was well stretched when manufactured. Wetting the back of the canvas and drying should stretch it without taking it off the wood.

If you're asking me for advice, I'm going to assume that you've run out of rational options.
                My work on Facebook

Thanks very much. Tried it out this morning and it worked. :-)

AllisonR

Do you have wedges in it? Just bang the wedge a bit in the sagging corner.

Being born places you at a greater risk of dying later in life.

http://www.artallison.com/
                  Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • The topic ‘How can I get creasesdents out of a painting?’ is closed to new replies.