Home Forums Explore Subjects Animal and Wildlife Subjects Fox in oil pastel – x-post Oil Pastel Forum

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    SnapV

[FONT=&quot]Three days ago, my husband and I went to the Zoo Ecomuseum in Montreal where we go from time to time. It’s a zoo that only houses indigenous fauna that could not be rehabilitated for the wild. They have wonderful environments for them and the animals are very well taken care of.
        [/FONT]
        [FONT=&quot]
        [/FONT]
        [FONT=&quot]I was very lucky to be able to take good photos of the canids, who are often hidden in their big enclosures and usually hard to see. If you are interested, I posted my favourite pictures of the fox, wolves and coyote on the RIL so that everyone can use them as reference photos [/FONT][FONT=&quot]😊[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
        [FONT=&quot]Here is the little 3-legged fox I painted in oil pastels (Mungyo Gallery Artist, Sennelier and some Caran d’Ache) on Sennelier oil pastel card 9×12”. I hope you enjoy![/FONT]
        [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
        [FONT=&quot]And here is my reference photo:[/FONT]

Virginie

All C&C welcome: I want to improve!

CaliAnn

The zoo sounds like a wonderful place. Your painting is beautiful and you are so kind to share your photos – thank you

Skappy

Nice interpretation especially with OPs
                Glad zoos have changed I go to preservation parcs wich are new kind of zoo ( I do not like the word) I haven t been to Paris zoo since they redid it I just go to parc with large spaces

I like him a lot, Virginia. he’s make a good illustration for a book.

Penny
                I live in Wiltshire, England
                “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

SnapV

Thank you CaliAnn, Robert and Penny!

Robert – Unfortunately I really don’t think all zoos have changed. I like this one but it’s an outlier, at least here.

Virginie

fedetony

Wonderful image… I am interested in those for some of my next projects…. is time to go woolfy or foxy :D

Federico Garcia
                        My Blog
                        C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

Triduana

Lovely picture, I like how bright and bold it is. The Zoo Ecomusuem sounds like a great place. :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

Great colours and style.

Chammi
                            My Blog/WIP's and Tips: Chammi's Art Escapades

jonc50

I enjoy! Where I was born and raised they had an epidemic of rabies and the numerous foxes were decimated.

Very nicely done, Virginie!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

KareBear94

Love your use of tone and colors…foxes are lively critters.
                                    Thanks for sharing ☺☺

SnapV

Thank you Federico, Kay, Chammi, jonc50, Kay and KareBear :)

Federico: Please let me know if you use them, I would love to see what you paint from them!

jonc50: That’s very sad :(

Virginie

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.