WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-08-2018, 09:24 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States
Re: As the Oily Rag Burns.... January 2018

Annie, thanks for the kind thoughts...but I think the paintings have value only to me, and there are several at least 50 larger ones at least...their fate may be dismemberment...but like I'v said .. have at least 7 months and much happening in that time...will wait and see...

and congrats on the sales...sounds as if you are hot...

Marcia, the days are finally getting longer...cute pics...good luck with the rain...

think it i supposed to be rainy here tomorrow as well and I need to walk to the dentist...how it goes.
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #62   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-09-2018, 12:19 AM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Mosc, I decided not to put up a tree for Christmas - Himself doesn't mind, and that way the cats can't take it down. We've been somewhat broke for December and it's spread into January. One of the reasons I'm painting a large canvas is that the football player really needs a large space so that I can get details in nicely, but the other reason is that large canvases can be sold for a higher cost. I just hope I don't run out of paint before I'm finished, because we've put ourselves on a strict budget. I won't need to buy a new frame for it, because I can take one of my other paintings that large and use the frame from it.

Which makes me think...why is it that decent frames end up costing more than the paintings themselves? Or is it just where I live and shop?

Annie, I hope you get back to painting soon. Congratulations for selling with selling those paintings, but I think the act of painting itself is putting yourself into the beautiful feeling it gives us.

Becca, I love your self portraits! I hadn't seen that one, but I love the one you painted of you reading out on your lawn so much. It still has the place of honor as the first painting on my living room wall!

#63   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-09-2018, 09:38 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Nancy, thank you...you are sweet...I suppose there are some people who like my paintings, but as far as owning them the numbers just aren't there...so I just have to take measures...
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #64   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-09-2018, 06:28 PM
A WC! Legend

Good Morning Oilycats!!!

Nancy, I hope a tube of paint fits into your budget if you need it. I fell into some luck a few years back and got loads of barely used paint from different sources. If you need something and I have it, I will send it to you, just PM me.

Remember my chrome oxide story? I searched high and low for some that I knew I had with no luck, and as soon as I bought a new tube, I found 4 or 5 in my stash!

No health improvement today, slept sitting up last night. It was raining early this morning, but has stopped for now. I don't know if that was what was forecast for today, or yesterday. It would benice to get one more shower today.

Obviously no improvement today, I forgot to send this this morning!
Almost done with one of my 'small clients', so that is good! And they did their own 1099s, bless them!
  #65   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-09-2018, 09:33 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Marcia...sorry you are not better...

couldn't stop myself from doing a few more of these...

Name:  capable of madness.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  151.1 KB

Name:  in our dreams awake rssize.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  165.9 KB
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #66   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-09-2018, 10:25 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Becca, your collages are so stirring! Love them both, but the first one is really great!

Marcia, I hope you're feeling a bit better; time goes so slowly when you're got a cold. I think I've got enough paint - the only one that I'm low on is Gamblin's flesh tone, so I mix it with mono orange, pink, rosebud and plenty of white, brown and gray - I keep the tones unmixed on my palette so that I can adjust his flesh tones as they are in sunlight and in shadow, plus maybe a touch of green for depth.

And thanks very much for the generous offer - you are so sweet.

#67   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-09-2018, 10:34 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Thanks Nancy, you are right, I think the element of b&w with the colour is more dramatic...plus the human feature...

went to the dentist today...all went well need no work, but sat a lifetime in that chair waiting for the dentist to tell me so...

sounds as if you are having fun with paint.
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #68   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-10-2018, 12:12 AM
A Local Legend
Washington state

Hails from United States

Mosc, Glad to have helped with the cat-behavior stuff. I know some of these things only because of how much Pearl is quite a little devil too! Oh, please do take a video of Muffin at the exhibit!!! Thanks for the celebration of my sales!

Marcia, thanks for your congrats too. Yes, I’ve now sold several paintings that completely decimate two planned series. <<<laughing at self Your cats look like they enjoy to be out on the patio. Did the rain happen?

Becca, thanks also for your congrats. I’ve seen some work of yours that is really nice and I’m sure there are potential owners out there. I hope there will be no guillotine for them! What a shame that would be! Please make an effort to find a home for them. I just know, for instance, that someone would love to have that nude you posted. And, I love the collages! They’re really creative and attractive too.

Nancy, I hope the paints are there to finish the painting! It’s good you have so much experience you can probably mix just about anything from a limited palette. I know about the frame thing, and what’s particularly disturbing about the prices is that the new owners may end up removing that expensive frame in favor of some other one that matches their furniture. That’s understandable, of course, but hard to take for starving artists! Also, I don’t think selling and the beautiful feeling of painting are mutually exclusive! We can’t have that beautiful feeling if we can’t afford art supplies!

Marcia, it really does sound like you have the same flu bug that I had. I’m sorry to say that although I felt pretty much fully recovered after a couple of weeks, little dribs and drabs of it continued to hang around for quite a while. Perhaps it’s why my energy level still seems so depleted, although way better than it was during the worst of it (but it’s quite possible other issues in my case are making me feel dragged out). FYI, I found Dayquil/Niquill to be really helpful, even though I completely object to the idea of them both. Just take it easy and don’t even try to be your usual energetic self. I wish you a very speedy recovery. I’ve done the same thing and purchased a tube of paint, only to realize I really did still have one already. I appreciate the congrats on my sales - since these are my very first sales, I'm still pinching myself.

“Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.”
― Sir Thomas Browne

Last edited by AnnieA : 01-10-2018 at 12:23 AM.
  #69   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-10-2018, 11:37 AM
A WC! Legend

Good Morning Oilycats!!!

I slept better last night, but feel worse this morning. I think it is because things are finally starting to 'drain'. My chest is less congested, but I feel tired. I think I will go back to bed. Skeezix has been my bedside nurse.
  #70   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-10-2018, 12:25 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Thank you Annie...actually a friend offered an idea re my inventory, depending on how many things go maybe will implement it...will need to wait and see how things unfold...

Marcia....get the rest, you need it.
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #71   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-10-2018, 12:40 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from European Union

Quote:
Originally Posted by !becca
a friend offered an idea re my inventory, depending on how many things go maybe will implement it..
That's what I'd do or then just destroy the paintings. Either way. I once sold (not long ago) 200 small paintings/daily paintings for a fixed price .. they were unframed paintings, some of them I've been painting in the daily challenges here in the forum, and he made frames to them by himself and sold them in his shop. It was a good deal and the money was the most welcome. Not always is it possible to get a good price per painting so there are other options like this.
  #72   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-10-2018, 12:54 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Mosc...congrats on the deal you made....I'v already thrown away much of that sort of work about 4 years ago...nearly 200 paintings, and they did need to be thrown away....any moves I make now will be down the road....months away til my final decision...hinges on several factors.
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #73   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-10-2018, 09:59 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Name:  wild and free resize.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  138.4 KB
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #74   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-10-2018, 10:34 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Oh, Becca, that's superb!

I watched World News tonight, and the whole country needs to go get flu and pneumonia shots. This year's one of the worst we've seen. I finally nagged Himself into going and getting it done - I would be so lost without him.

I'm also worried about all of you that didn't get them. Just remember that this one is an epidemic, and that I would be lost without you, too.

#75   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-10-2018, 10:40 PM
A Local Legend
Washington state

Hails from United States

Becca, it looks like you're a natural collage-maker! The leaf collage is inspired and I love it! Have you thought of consignment stores as an outlet for your paintings? You'd have to give them a big cut, but no more than the average gallery, and if you were going to throw them away anyway, you'd still be ahead of the game.

Nancy, I failed to get a flu shot in the Fall this year, and I paid the price for it this Winter. I probably have immunity now, but maybe I should check it out with my doctor...thanks for the wise reminder.

I had a great day of painting planned, but I got pulled away by other tasks.

“Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.”
― Sir Thomas Browne