Home Forums Explore Media Colored Pencil Sanded paper

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    across

So I bought brush and pencils products and tried a picture on the sanded paper. I loved how quickly the color lays down but found myself struggling to get crisp lines (I do cara so need sharp details in my work). The final lines looked grainy, almost like crayons. Any tips for getting crisp details? Or is it just not possible on this surface?

Also silly question, but what is the difference between sand paper and sanded paper? Are they the same thing just different term? Can I just use autobody 1000 grit for my art or will I have issues with chemical leaching or something.

ocmd123

Sanded paper and sand paper are two completely different things. Sanded paper is artist grade paper with a rougher, sanded-like, surface to it, but much smoother than actual sand paper. Sand paper will eat your pencils for breakfast!! Haha! I like a smoother finish, so I don’t use a sanded surface. There are many who do, so hopefully someone will jump in with an answer for your crisp lines.

ELAINE~ Moderator-Colored Pencil Forum ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to the forum? Visit the Welcome Thread ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to CP? Check out the CP Libray Index for information about about pencils, paper, sharpeners.[FONT=Times New Roman]
            Instagram

Save

brissie

What sort of sanded paper are you using. The 2 recommended ones are Uart and the finest grade is 800grit the other brand is Fisher 400 and you should get good results but never as sharp as on good watercolour paper. Hope that helps …..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.