Home Forums The Town Center All Media Art Events WDE 13 April Spring in the country

• This topic has 13 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by john.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

This is posted “in the spirit of WDEs”. I designated April as the month to use acrylics (February was oil pastels, March oils; I’m getting ready for the seasonal galleries). Last week’s WDE was so bad I abandoned it halfway through. After this one I packed up all my student-grade acrylics to give away.
    5×7 on canvas board

Thanks for hosting, Sue!

Wendy C&C always welcome
    Everybody likes feedback! Please remember to comment on others' threads, even if it's just a "nice work" post.

123harry

We’ll unpack ‘em again! This is a really lovely impressionist landscape. The greens are super. Stand back and take another look!

C&C always welcome.
        Instagram harry.hamill

I use student acrylics all the time. Nothing wrong with them. Good landscape!:)

surob

I think the greens are fantastic. You have very nice shapes, planes and sense of depth. It certainly deserves another look. Thank you for joining.

Susan

"Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out." Art Linkletter My RIL

Myse

This landscape is nice to see: the colours go very well together!

Comments and critics welcome. I want to progress!
                marysecurinier-rochette.com
                https://maryse.rochette.cc

Joanne_N

It looks gorgeous! I thought it was pastels, love the mood you’ve created! Don’t give up acrylics!

artastic

Lots of lovely shadows and colors

C&C always welcome -Bonnie-
                        http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/04-Jan-2017/104250-banner.jpg

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting now.

eyepaint

This looks great but I understand that it might look like it’s lacking something from your plan in your eyes …

Am about to join you with those student acrylics. Who are you giving them to?

-- EP Moderator for:
                            All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

This looks great but I understand that it might look like it’s lacking something from your plan in your eyes …

Am about to join you with those student acrylics. Who are you giving them to?

I will offer them to a teacher relative who has artsy daughters, otherwise will take them to the art department at my former school.

And for the record, I’m not completely blaming the student-grade acrylics, because obviously some people can get good stuff out of them! :o :lol:

Wendy C&C always welcome
                            Everybody likes feedback! Please remember to comment on others' threads, even if it's just a "nice work" post.

tyree

love the impressionists look..wonderful greens ! tyree :)

'art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known'.....oscar wilde

It is a wonderful piece, Wendy! Also use the SG acrylics and other media.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Scotkatidid

We’ll unpack ‘em again! This is a really lovely impressionist landscape. The greens are super. Stand back and take another look!

Wendy have to agree wholeheartedly with Harry – do take another look!

Thanks for looking, Kate
                                    My Bloghttp://www.katescott40.blogspot.ca/
                                    Two roads diverged in a wood and I, took the one less traveled by... Robert Frost

Ryeath

This one almost slipped by. Nice painting, very impressionistic feel to it.

C&C always welcomed.

crispur2005

WHY? This is beautiful. Take another look.

Christine :wave:

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.