Home Forums Explore Subjects Art Journals Altered book, imagination journal.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    IsobelW

Finally worked up the courage to try an altered book:lol:. Bought an old novel in a charity shop. Made a new cover out of felt (first picture). That took a while! The theme is little stories I make up all the time-I am such a daydreamer:lol:. I am also experimenting with mixed media.
        Second picture (sorrow and comfort) was done with gel pen and coffee. Third one (coming home) was my first experiment with acrylic inks-red, blue, yellow. I have to say, I am loving them! The fourth was just a little cartoon on a tea background, with some collage. Last one was ink, charcoal, coffee.
        I think some of the pictures have flipped around in uploading.
        It has been enormous fun, but surprisingly challenging. Had to add a band to keep the book shut, though I will probably have to take ages out. Advice always welcome!

IsobelW

I am not sure if these uploaded right. Did I post too many at once?

eyepaint

Very cool project! I think the site allows 6 or so images per post.

-- EP Moderator for:
                All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Delofasht

Fun little book, I nabbed a day planner by Moleskine that was for the year previous on sale at one point. That planner became an excellent little sketchbook, just drew over dates, months, weeks, whatever. Honestly liked the paper in that book more than I did the last actual sketchbook I had bought. Lots of pages left to fill in that, but I am not in any rush at the moment, more important things to do.

- Delo Delofasht
                    IsobelW

Thanks Eyepaint and Delofasht! I had to get used to working on a small size, but I was surprised at how much the paper could take when a few pages were stuck together.

Isobel, wow, really do love your altered book from its fun cover (love the bobbin and chain) to its pages with each so different. What size are the pages?

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

IsobelW

Thanks, Kay! It is quite small, about 21x13cm, I think, I am terrible at measurements. About the average size of these old novels:lol:.

IsobelW

:wave:Thought I would update.

Joan T

I like how you changed the cover on the altered book. It i fun to see the different ways you’ve worked with each page.

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                                    [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

IsobelW

Thanks!

These books are so much fun!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

IsobelW

Thanks,Kay!

eyepaint

Woo hoo! Love the page with the florals and the graffiti :)

-- EP Moderator for:
                                                All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

IsobelW

Thanks!

Isobel – you’re doing a great job with your altered Journal! And it looks like you are enjoying it so much – it’s such a fun journal! Looking forward to seeing more!

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.