Home Forums Explore Media Acrylics Knife and Sponge work

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Artchrispy

Hey It has been a while since I posted. These are recent attempts using mostly palette knives and sponges. 12×16 on canvas or primed panel.
        Thanks for looking. The mountain scene is Yosemite. To put it in perspective the granite cliff faces are about 1300 feet higher than the tallest skyscraper in NYC

Christophervasil.com

Dorrart

Nice. All three work great. Love the rock wall in the first one, the sky and leaves of the second and dramatic color and texture in the last.

- David

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." --Picasso

gaykir

Really great work!

http://gaylekirbyart.blogspot.com/

Welcome back. Very nice textures in your work.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
                Every painting is a new adventure.

dave woody

They are superb. Eyes love them.

tmwilliams

Beautifully done.

Thomas

DMSS

I like these, all three. The cliff in 1 and the trees in 2 look great. When applying paint with the knife did you apply the paint thickly or thinly?

--David

Artchrispy

Thanks everyone :)

I like these, all three. The cliff in 1 and the trees in 2 look great. When applying paint with the knife did you apply the paint thickly or thinly?

Thank you. The knife paint is applied thickly,straight out of the tube. There is a surface texture on the painting almost like a bas- relief when finished. The knife can be used for thin applications too, like you can load the edge with acrylic ink and make straight lines, or load the flat side with thinner paint and press it flat or drag it to depost paint across high spots. That’s good for bark and rock face textures. Thanks again!:)

Christophervasil.com

Sheryl

You do good work with just a knife and sponge! Very nice! I often use a sponge for portrait backgrounds.

sherylgallant.ca
                                    - "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." - Joshua 24:14

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.