Home Forums Explore Media Oil Pastels Oil Pastel Library Oil Pastel Challenges March op’s challenge and chat

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • Author

This month my theme is transportation:angel: I’ve selected a few references, but you are welcome to use your own reference of any type of transport
    Bicycle from Lisilk

Balloon from rhiannon

Pixabay images

Christel

Mira

Christel, the photos are wonderful – so colorful!
        Not sure that I’ll be able to do a painting for this month’s challenge (need to do a bigger painting soon), but I might come up with something… :)

I love oil pastels and have created a blog about this medium. While the blog posts are in Russian, still I invite you to get inspired with various artists' beautiful OP paintings in my blog's gallery: https://oilpastelist.wordpress.com/gallery

terriks

ooo, these look fun! Thanks Christel!

Terri

Film photographer with special love for alternative photographic processes - especially ones that get my hands dirty!

Rich A

Planes, trains and automobiles….:) These look challenging…I love it .

Looking forward to seeing your paintings, Rich and Terri!

Christel

laika

What a nice selection! I see one or two that may be uncomplicated enough not to scare me away :) Good Stuff, Christel! Thanks!

(Totally random, but I wish I had a little wagon and a mule.)

Lamar

Art is life's dream interpretation.
                    - Otto Rank

Looking forward to seeing your painting, Lamar!

Christel

maela49

Christel
                        These pictures are wonderful. I have not put anything on for a while but am anxious to try one. I mainly use oil sticks which is close. I hope I am still allowed. Eleanore

Lovely seeing you again, Maela! Of course you are more than welcome. Looking forward to seeing your work.

Christel

Jennie

I am thinking I picked the wrong month to get started again. A great range of images, colours and contrasts all appeal, will have to ponder a lot longer before I start.

Jennie
                            "Whether you succeed or not is irrelevant, there is no such thing. Making your unknown known is the important thing.” – Georgia O’Keeffe
                            @jenniferpaints http://jrcs.com.au/artist

Jenie – maybe do more than one?

Christel

Both A4. I cropped the young lady as she has such a lovely face. The Indian elephant is an important attraction for tourists

Christel

Mira

Christel, both are great, but the girl is especially lovely! The expression on her face, the skin tones, the bright colors aroud – I love it!

I love oil pastels and have created a blog about this medium. While the blog posts are in Russian, still I invite you to get inspired with various artists' beautiful OP paintings in my blog's gallery: https://oilpastelist.wordpress.com/gallery

Jennie

Christel, I have a lot of affection for VDubs, so am working on the ‘lady and the suitcase’ already. And, the others are calling! I’m hoping to a least plan a couple more.

Jennie
                                    "Whether you succeed or not is irrelevant, there is no such thing. Making your unknown known is the important thing.” – Georgia O’Keeffe

Jennie

An edited version, :angel: , of our first try at setting up a fox wing shelter on the current VW. Haven’t been travelling for almost a year. Two more months and I’m ‘on the road again’.

Jennie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.