Home Forums Explore Subjects Abstract and Contemporary Art Just another abstract!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    CarlyHardy

Still working on nonobjective abstracts. This one weighs a ton because of all the paint layers on it..lol!
        20×24 acrylics

Terry

Mind entrapping. Well done. I see a space ship breaking up, a troll with a tall leather hat where you can see the thoughts, an instructive much beginning astral travel. So what am abstract is supposed to be.

Edgar Whitney: "I don't want the truth, I want a beautiful lie"
            C&C always welcome:
            https://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtsyGiftsByTerry

NO !!!! NOT just another abstract !!!! … This is another nicely done abstract :clap: :clap: :clap:

Abstract painter - Taste is something you learn

INSTAGRAM

KENNETHLINDHOLM

trufflecat

So complex – love it!

Art is never finished, only abandoned.-- Leonardo da Vinci :thumbsup:

http://www.susanbaileyart.com

Yes, it is splendid Carly, with lots of thought and effort going into its creation.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Hairy wolf

A big WOW!

bobbybirds

I wish I could qualify a proper critique but really I think all I can say is that I really love this piece! I don’t know if this sounds like a compliment but it really is when I say I could see that being in a Pharos tomb in Egypt if abstraction was done then. Really cool! :thumbsup:

tidal

( I mean this in the best possible way :) The spaghetti has slipped of the plate… s**ts gone sideway’s !

Sculpture is what you bump into when you back up to see a painting..Barnett Newman

leolarkin

Very nice organised piece of art without it being organised – if that makes sense.

bobbybirds

( I mean this in the best possible way :) The spaghetti has slipped of the plate… s**ts gone sideway’s !

I can totally see it!

CarlyHardy

Thanks for all the comments! Anyone who says that abstract is easy…just doesn’t get it (in my opinion). This is really a great group!

john

Very nice organised piece of art without it being organised – if that makes sense.

Yeah that makes sense. I’ve found that abstracts that are organized but still chaotic are the one’s that I like the most. This painting has that.

Great job Carly !

ianuk

I know little about abstract contemporary art, so I’ll just say I find this really pleasing to look at.

tidal

I can totally see it!

Yeah those noodles they gone and sanity is not returning !

Sculpture is what you bump into when you back up to see a painting..Barnett Newman

graphicali

Love it!

"I am not yet born; provide me, with water to dandle me, grass to grow for me, trees to talk to me, sky to sing to me, birds and a white light in the back of my mind to guide me." From Prayer Before Birth by Louis Macneice.
                                                      Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.