Home Forums Explore Subjects Landscapes Lindisfarne Castle.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Bizzibee

This is a castle on the island of Holy Island off the Northumberland Coast. It was built in 1550. Fun fact: a famous English folk rock band is named after it and the mother of one of the members gave my mum a weed killer spray.:lol: There is probably a bit too much going on in this one, but I dearly wanted to paint it. Went a bit bigger than I usually do (20×20) to try and cope with the detail. Oil on Canvas.

C and C, as always, much appreciated and thank you for looking.

'One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star': Friedrich Nietzsche

CaliAnn

I love this Bizzibee! That sky is magnificent – those rocks are so well done – but that castle is the wow for me. You have a way of bringing the past alive, as in this castle. It feels ancient and at the same time very present, does that make sense? Awesome painting Bizzibee

Bizzibee

Thank you very much CaliAnn! I greatly appreciate yourcomment. I wasn’t sure about the castle. It was hard to paint as the reference was poor.

'One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star': Friedrich Nietzsche

oldnmartist

It looks like they found a nice piece of rock to build the castle on.

Everything else being equal, I would rather be in the painting zone.

aspenman

Beautiful – great sky color and amazing reflective properties of those colors on the rest of the painting – this is a new favorite for me!!!!

J.RichardSecor - Art is not a matter of fact - it is a matter of opinion C&C's welcomed

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5w1OMK2OL8mdUZUXZbMj3Q
                        http://painterofthesouthwest.blogspot.com/

Ohiohawk97

My favorite thus far from you Bizz! Love the composition. Everything in the piece directs the eye towards the castle. Your rocks and rock wall are exceptional. Great piece to look at and wonderful job painting it.

Wes

RandyP

Lovely painting, Bizzibee! The sky is wonderful as are the rendering of the rocks and the water.

Randy

Dcam
                                    Reddyman

BB – I love that sweeping colour across that gorgeous sky.
                                        Lots of work on those rocks with the light against the darks….just another super piece. Well done.
                                        John

landsmith

That’s a terrific composition.
                                            Rob

Triduana

Beautiful painting. i love the contrast between those foreground rocks and that lovely sweeping sky. Nice light on the castle too. Lindisfarne is a nice day trip from here, it’s one of my favourite places. I like your link to the band too. :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

That’s beautiful. The sky really enhances the scene.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Aussiesrus

Biz – A lovely ”C” shape composition & I love that warm glow on the horizon which complements surrounding colors & is reflected nicely throughout the scene. I like that !

The castle shows just enough detail IMO & I love your soft rendering of the upper sky also – A favorite for sure – Well Done !

Michael.

michaelcartwrightart.com.au
                                                    https://bluethumb.com.au/michael-cartwright
                                                    I'M NOT AS THINK AS YOU DRUNK I AM

I like all the diagonals in this work combined with the beautiful colors. This is a beautifully lively painting. The rocks, sea and sky are really well portrayed. Gary

"Painting is a verb"

Arnie

The fg rocks with the yellow from the sky and pools of water caught my eye and the composition works well. Beautiful.
                                                        I used to listen to Lindisfarne in the early 70s: Meet me on the corner, Lady Elenore, and Dingley Dell in particular come to mind – a final echo from summer 69.
                                                        Arnie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.