Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Oil Painting – Hall of Fame Welcome to What’s on Your Easel…November 2017

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    !becca

Welcome to WOYE November 2017…Post your works in progress here so long as they are in oils…everyone is welcome!!! :wave:

for a more complete critique post in the main forum.

Becca “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
        Becca's Fine Art

Hi WC!

Just finished this quick study.

Dick

I like it. I love the brush strokes and colors. I tend to go too bright on mine but you nailed them.

Dick Hutchings
            Daniel Smith Essential 6 colors and Arches 140#

Lucidog

I think I’m going to work on the eye a bit more but otherwise I just completed this one.

DaveCrow

5×7 on canvas panel. Something to keep me busy today during Studio Tour Weekend.

"Let the paint be paint" --John Marin

AnnieA

Dan, your painting is really lovely. You sure know how to sling a brush!

Lucidog, it looks like a photo!!!

Dave, nice! The vase looks so earthy and I like how you handled the flowers. Wow! 5×7 is so small!

This is a WIP – and I’ve got a long way to go. I’m oscillating between love and disgust…

Well, the color is very much off. There were parts that were too bright in the photo, but when I edited the saturation down, other areas are now too dull. But maybe you all can get the idea…

…or maybe not. This photo doesn’t really look very good. The actual WIP looks so much better, but it’s unlikely that I can take a photo that will do it justice.

[FONT=Arial]C&C always welcome ©[/I] [/font]
                        [FONT=Palatino]
                        “Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.” ― Sir Thomas Browne [/size][/font]

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/29-Jul-2007/85002-sig-thumbnail_composite_2.jpg]/img]

mtpalms

You have a great start Annie, I am looking forward to the next update.

New link to my latest work.[/url]
                            "The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier they dug on hallowed ground
                            But the tomb of the unknown artist is nowhere to be found."

AnnieA

You have a great start Annie, I am looking forward to the next update.

Thanks, Marcia! I skipped a dinner tonight that I wanted to attend so that I could paint – I hope it’s going to turn out to be worth it! :lol:

[FONT=Palatino]
                                “Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.” ― Sir Thomas Browne [/size][/font]

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/29-Jul-2007/85002-sig-thumbnail_composite_2.jpg]/img]

AnnieA

I’m having to take another break from painting. I’ve begun to realize I tend to hold my breath while painting!

This is the latest iteration…

Another incredibly bad photo – it looks washed out compared to the lively color in the actual painting. I just don’t have time to fuss with it. I was hoping for feedback, but that really isn’t possible with such a bad photo. Why am I posting, then? Just because…

Actually, there’s an irony with this painting. I painted it specifically to enter in a show of small works (it’s 14×11). But I’ve put so much time into it now that I don’t know if I want to sell it at the maximum amount this show allows, which is $200! I think that would probably put me below minimum wage at this point. :lol:

Edited to add: I’m looking at this with a different browser and the color seems better, although the right side is still washed out. It’s enough to drive one to drink…

[FONT=Palatino]

AnnieA

It’s not much further, but this is a much closer image, although now too dark.

[FONT=Palatino]

DaveCrow

Annie: A lovely nocturne.

5×7 is a fun size for me because I can knock a painting out in an hour or so. The flowers in this definitely hit the mark I was aiming at.

"Let the paint be paint" --John Marin

Dan-007

needs a lot of work

AnnieA

Dave, thank you!

Dan, wow…it already looks like a photo. Can’t wait to see the finish!

Here’s the latest progress image on Mama’s Mexican Restaurant:

Not a terrific photo once again, but better than the first two. I was too rushed to use a tripod. There are only little tweaks left to do. I think I’m going to push the statue on top of the building further back into the shadows, as I think it draws the eye too much. And the tree at the far left needs work, as does the one at the middle – it’ needs more highlights where various lights hit it. But the majority is complete – whew!

Edited to add: as I look at it more, I realize there are lots of little tweaks I still need to do! I’m going to have to write a list…

[FONT=Palatino]

Dan-007

The lighting in your painting is looking amazing! Makes me want to try a night scene

AnnieA

The lighting in your painting is looking amazing! Makes me want to try a night scene

Thank you, Dan! Coming from someone as skilled as yourself, I take that as quite a big compliment. Night scenes can be rewarding, but whew…a lot of work too. If I ever sell this, it’s likely to be for the equivalent of a tenth of minimum wage, given the number of hours I’ve got into it! But then, I’m just a very slow painter.

[FONT=Palatino]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.