WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Florals and Botanical
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-06-2018, 07:06 PM
Veteran Member
Northern New England

Hails from United States
Re: Greenies' Chatterbox!!

Well, saw our doctor today, she is going to tell my dearly beloved he can no longer drive, next week when we see her. She is pulling his license, I am not!!!

We don't know why the sudden or progressive (don't know which or if it's both) blindness. They said there was no new stroke activity on the MRI - That was good, but no reason given for why it happened.

We have no real idea. But I do see him declining mentally as well...likely Alzheimer's like his dad...we have no idea...but we keep on keeping on, grateful for every heartbeat, every breath.

Frida, sorry you know about being a caregiver too...so very sorry!

Thanks for the prayer and well wishes!

While I am not working in cold porcelain at this time, I am sewing and coloring too...making flower cards from recycled paper, mostly envelopes and the like, junk mail. I figure I have a lot of it, might as well put it to good use. I like some of the patterns that come in envelopes, the insides...I color and cut out petals, make up flowers/butterflies and turn glue them onto cards.

My tulip ones and white daisies are favorites right now, fantasy flowers are fun too...
Quote:

I will have to upload the tulip ones and post them too...I've done about 18-20 cards thus far, and my sister used flowers I put together to do another dozen of so also...having fun surprising people with a card, just to brighten their day, not signed, just sent...lots of fun!!! I can't seem to make any money with my 'art' of late, but I can sure make people's hearts smile....

Blessings and gratitude! LynneDe
As I will never take this exact path again may I not leave a kind word unspoken or a kind deed undone. May my life count for good, may the world be better for my having been in it when the final reckoning is accomplished. Blessings, LynneDe
  #62   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-07-2018, 07:11 AM
A Local Legend

what a beautiful thing to do LynneDe.....

and it is something you need to do at this point in your life....good for you as well as the receivers of your cards,.....
  #63   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-08-2018, 10:34 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

Great idea LynneDe - keeps you being creative, frees the mind for a while and allows you to regroup.

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #64   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-10-2018, 01:19 PM
Veteran Member
Northern New England

Hails from United States

Thank you!

I had opportunity to 'show off' a few of the cards. Surprisingly, sold 2 of them!

My sister has a new friend that has a marijuana shop. In our state, they have passed the legality of marijuana, and she sells it for medicinal reasons...but she is planning on health and healing items, things that touch the heart as well as soul...as she gets her shop up and running. Only things she carries at present are the marijuana and CBD oils...anyway, my sister told her about something else I am making, Aromatic Bed Buddy Bears, essentially a rice bag in teddy-bear form, that is 'spiced' with fragrance, bits of spices in various blends...no essential oils, the real mashed (not powdered) spices...and my sister said, bring along the cards for her to see too.

I did, and though I mentioned they were spoken for, my sister had been given a few to mail out and hadn't gotten to it yet...and a couple of them sold.

Sold one of the aromatic rice bed buddy bears as well...possibly more to be sold (no consignments, outright sales only at this shop, hurrah!!!) in the fall. She bought one for a baby shower...I thought she wanted 5...my sister gave me that impression, but no, just one for now. She wanted to see five of them...don't know why, maybe to see if I could be consistent with them? They each had their own fragrance mix...she chose 'molasses cookie' blend in a chocolate color....I gather she likes earth and monotones...she liked the gray and white ones the best of what was left.

I sold 4 of my clay calla lilies also, one in white, one in red, one in orange and one in purple. She'd like to see some poppies...she likes them she said, and since I didn't have other flowers with me, I pointed her to my Facebook page...so we'll see if more flowers are also in her orders...

Most grateful for the diversion. While I spent the day with my sister, my husband and her husband spent the day together...So in effect, I had a day off.

Amazing! I am truly blessed beyond all measure.

Now, to sell enough of something or other to get my car brakes fixed. We'll see!!!

Blessings and gratitude for the day off, for promises for tomorrow...for life.

LynneDe
As I will never take this exact path again may I not leave a kind word unspoken or a kind deed undone. May my life count for good, may the world be better for my having been in it when the final reckoning is accomplished. Blessings, LynneDe
  #65   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-10-2018, 05:13 PM
A Local Legend

congratulations on all the sales....wonderful....you are truly blessed!