Home Forums Explore Media Pen and Ink Little cat

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    oldey

Greetings. Normally I hang out in watercolor but I do different stuff sometimes. I am exploring brush and ink. I love the simplicity of it and it really makes one learn to control water. Especially if you are working on rice paper! Have done pen and ink but am more drawn to brushes. My latest practice sketch below. Little Cat altho he is not really little anymore:). Sorry not a great photo its from my phone.

Sumi ink on unsized rice paper. 12×9

Retiree

Love it, looks like our kitty at home.:)

Bill

I like it Jene. Especially the face.
                Bill

Be kinder than necessary

MagdaleneL

Well done “Oldey” most people don’t realize that this type of brush painting is not very easy since you can’t correct anything. You have to practise a lot to get to this level. Your kitty is beautiful

oldey

For awhile I have been looking for a place that discusses ink painting and esp dealing with Chinese or Japanese techniques and materials. Looks like anything dealing with ink works here, so here it is. Working with ink and chinese brushes on rice paper is like trying to paint on tissue paper! Once you touch the paper ink can not be manipulated like watercolor can. I love the medium and think its a great compliment to and helps me with my watercolor.
                        Here is another in a little watercolor pocket sketchbook.

MagdaleneL

Very nice those horses are really well done I also do a brush painting now and then, but I have to say I haven’t done them for a while now. But oh boy it takes a lot of practise so I’d say I lost any touch I had once since I haven’t done any for so long. Also I used to do more flowers and just some insects. More chinese brush painting as opposed to what you do, the sumi-e

Joel L

I like these very much – so expressive and immediate.

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Triduana

Really good – love the variety of marks.

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.