Home Forums Explore Media Casein, Gouache, and Egg Tempera Wasatch Hollow – again.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I have not used my watercolor/gouache kit recently. It wanted to get back to it. The photo included here was taken from the same position (180 degrees) as the reference photo for the painting. This was one of my favorite spots for plein air last year. C&C welcome. Gary

6×8 watercolor and gouache on toned paper
    [ATTACH]866660[/ATTACH]

A discouraging word
    [ATTACH]866661[/ATTACH]

"Painting is a verb"

Nice work Gary.

As a visitor to the Ann Arbor Botanical Gardens some year ago I saw sign for poison ivy. I asked the staff how I would identify it and they couldn’t tell me! We don’t have it in the UK.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

That’s so inviting, Gary! Beautiful

Doug, there’s a saying here that we heed (since we live in the boonies) about identifying poison ivy/poison oak:

“Leaves of three – leave it be. Leaves of five, it can thrive”

Can’t imagine the staff of a botanical garden not knowing how to identify it!!! And lucky you for living where it doesn’t grow!!!

Thanks Yorky. I was raised about 55 miles north of Ann Arbor. I contracted Poison Ivy infection 3 times that I can remember. It was a common problem for kids who liked to roam fields and woods. I have read that the plant is spreading. It likes our climate change. There are other plants with “leaves of 3” but the simple solution is to avoid them all.

Thanks AbyA. I hate to lose this area as a plein air location but I have already used my lifetime quota of fels-naphtha soap and calamine lotion.

Gary

"Painting is a verb"

WFMartin

Three leaves, waxy-appearing leaves, white berries (I think). I believe it is one of those plants which may be highly toxic to some, but relatively benign to others.

wfmartin. My Blog "Creative Realism"...
        https://williamfmartin.blogspot.com

sea dangler

Lovely painting Gary.
            Dave

Thanks Bill. Count me among those in the middle. It is very annoying skin rash to me.

Thanks Dave.

Thanks again. Gary

"Painting is a verb"

janinco

We used to raise dairy goats and had poison ivy in our back pasture. They loved eating it and I had to be careful because they liked to nuzzle my neck if I was bending over and at first I’d get a rash from it. But I had read that you can desensitize yourself by drinking the milk and over time I did quit reacting.

Jan

Sadly I even react poorly to dairy products :( Gary

"Painting is a verb"

bchlvr

Love it!

Linn
                    On December 17, 1903 The Wright Brothers dared to follow their dreams....
                    My Blog[/U][/COLOR]

Thanks (Beach Lover?) Gary

"Painting is a verb"

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.