Home Forums Explore Media Fiber Arts Slow Stitch piece

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Helen

Hi everyone, I haven’t been here in awhile, I’ve been painting and doing collage so haven’t been stitching but I recently got out some old pieces that I had been working on. I had two pieces that were strips of cloth woven together, I cut one of the woven cloths and put it in the center of the other… all of the fabric is cotton. I have seen quilts done with a stitch that is basically a running stitch very close together. In India it’s called the Kantha Stitch and in Japan it’s called Sashiko. I decided to try it to see if it would soften the contrast without loosing it on the piece. I’m almost done but now need to atatch more to it. I’m not sure what it wants to be yet but I like the slow stitching, it’s calming and something I can do while I sit with my husband and he’s watching news. The darkness on the right is shadow.

"I get up, I walk, I fall down, meanwhile I keep on dancing." Hillel

Debby

Wow! Hope to see you continue and what this becomes.

Debby
            Guide - Fiber Art Forum

I think you are very successful with softening and adding texture, without losing the contract of the piecing!

Jen

Jennifer Landau
            Proud to be published in Art Quilting Studio magazine and educating about wool at The Great Dickens Christmas Fair.

I like that. I’ve seen quilts like that in the museum here.

I think your choice of patterns works very well with it too.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
            Find me on Instagram
            Find me on Facebook

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.