Home Forums The Think Tank Creativity Do you know Melissa McCracken?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Melissa McCrcken “suffers” from synaesthesia, a very rare neurological condition, that uses simultaneously two senses to interpret the same thing.

Melissa Cracken can see music. She then decided to paint what she sees when listening to music.

Here is her site:
    https://www.melissasmccracken.com/available-work

And some of her paintings (more than in her site):
    https://search.lilo.org/results.php?q=melissas%20mccracken&tab=images&page=1

Enjoy!:)

Maria - Made in Portugal
    "Really I don't like human nature unless all candied over with art" - Virginia Woolf

https://womenwagepeace.org.il/en/

Mike L

[FONT=”Impact]Awesome! 🤩 [/FONT]

Practice religion freely and freedom religiously.

K12144

Neat! From the descriptions of people who have it, it sounds like it would be difficult at times, but fascinating at others. I wish there were labels telling which piece of music the paintings are…

[FONT=Book Antiqua]--Kat :cat: :music:

I have a different type of it, but I’d say that it was a lot stronger when I was younger. It could be that I’m on a lot of medication now and that’s why I don’t see/feel it as much anymore. I don’t feel music, but I have another kind that has to do with letters and numbers. They have colors and personalities. They all have a color, some glow, some are flat, some have gender, some do not, each has a distinct personality that I feel. It’s always been that way, and apparently my mom had it too.

Rachel

I don’t know how she ‘sees’ music. But that’s definitely incredible. Very cool!

Hey guys! Rachel here! I love everything high-end and high-fashion. Recently, I am reading an article about replica handbags in which the author explains how high-quality imitation products are these days. I am surprised by the quality she shows.

John humber

I have a brother-in-law who is a musician and also has a mild synaethesia. When he performs with the band he often plays with, the singer/leader might say something like “we’ll do a traditional Irish tune now”, he’d turn to the piper and say “it’s in C Nick…” then to my brother-in-law, “that’s green Chris”. He’s tried many times to explain it to me but it’s a hard one to get a hold of.

PLEASE how do I make these dreadful yellow things go away? OMG there's even more of the awful things now.

www.instagram.com/john_humber_artist
                    www.instagram.com/john_petty_letterform

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.