Home Forums Explore Media Drawing and Sketching Romezio and kittens

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Both are A4. Graphite. the fine white hairs are still evading me though. C+C welcome.

Christel

joe1It

they are both wonderful works, I like them a lot.
        thank you for publishing them, they are splendid.

- C & C welcome ( comments and criticisms highly appreciated)

— NOT allowed for Al training

Thanks Joe!

Christel

I think they’re both quite nice – but you know I’m going to say this don’t you? … the hay is outlined detracting from the realism somewhat. Now be honest here … you would have worried about me had I not noticed that. :)

Thanks Ken! I’m not worried anymore:lol: Wrt the straw – I got rather frustrated with the myriad of negative tiny shapes:clear: I hope to get the ‘feel’ for straw soon enough with more practice.

Christel

Well, you could always approach it the way Mike Sibley does … entirely negatively. Or maybe not … :wave:

Wassie

I really like the portrait but the straw looks too ‘planned’ and not random. I have taken Mike Sibley’s workshops and I haven’t mastered the negative drawing yet. I find erasing easier.

Thanks Ken and Wassie! Mike Sibley is fantastic. I’ll have to practice straw more.

Christel

My brain simply does not work when trying to draw negatively. I tried Mike’s workshop here and failed badly. On the other hand, there is nothing inherently wrong with erasing – it’s how I do hair and fur, for example. I was in contact with Mike a couple weeks ago and he told me he still mentions me in his workshops as someone who does things entirely backwards or at least differently from his methods and yet gets excellent results. So I’d say figure out what works for you and master that … it could be different from Mike’s way or mine or a combination of both but it’s the end result that counts – not the path taken.

Thanks Ken! Appreciate it.

Christel

Beautiful drawings, Christel! You’ve created great drama, especially in the portrait. Well done!

Jenna

My website: https://www.thecozyred.com/

Thanks Jenna!

Christel

Anne58

Lovely work Christel. I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who has trouble with hay, straw, dry grass. Mine looks very similar to yours :wink2:

Reference my dry reeds under the goose
                https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1446341

Anne

Thanks Anne! Your goose looks great! I’ve looked at another reference for practicing straw. Care to join me?

Christel

Dubs

I love the expression on his face in the portrait and how the shadow of his nose redirects me back to his eyes and overall expression. I cannot help you with the hay as I’m struggling with that myself lol (and yours is a lot better than mine). I enjoyed your drawings.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.