Home Forums Explore Subjects Landscapes The Yanks Are Coming

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vegaskip

The 6th Battleship squadron of the US Navy joins the Grand Fleet at Scapa Flow in 1918.
        Not a true depiction more my impression of the event. inspired by a painting of the German High Seas fleet in internment by Frank Watson Wood
        Two Short 184 Seaplanes from HMS Pegasus
        Jim
        [ATTACH]871441[/ATTACH]

Ohiohawk97

Love the perspective in this one from above looking down. Exceptional detail as always. Beautiful work!

Wes

vegaskip

Love the perspective in this one from above looking down. Exceptional detail as always. Beautiful work!

Thank you. I suppose you could almost say it is a bit of an Historical Document. All the photos of the event that I have seen, have been from deck level and only show one or two ships.
                Jim

Reddyman

Another wonderful painting Jim and those subtle hints of colour in the sky and reflections really work well here.
                    As always your attention to detailing is superb.
                    John

vegaskip

Half the fun in these is doing the research, of course if you are not interested in maritime history it would be boring.
                        Jim

DreyDay

Nice detail with the background figures and ships. Looks like you’re taking this detail in your paintings to a whole new level! You do very well with this style, and I would be very excited to see how you would paint an entire landscape with just forests and mountains with as much intricacy as you do with these airplanes and ships.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.