Home Forums Explore Media Printmaking My New Small Press!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

deleted

"Political Correctness" is just another way to muzzle free expression

Just a quick note / update:
    The press is now 90% complete, and tested. A few tweaks still remain to be done, like some decorative carving on the side plates and so forth.

It prints GREAT. Actually it prints just like my Showcard Press, just smaller. I did some tests using crusher-gauges, and it will easily press with 3000 psi across the entire bed.. which means it will do intaglio, as well as relief printing.

I also kept very accurate records on the cost to produce the little machine, with an eye to possibly doing a production run for sale. It looks like I could sell them for around $500 or so and still make a nice profit, if I made a run of ten units

Unfortunately, judging by the response I’ve seen, nobody seems interested… so it is doubtful if I’ll make a production run.

Wow! That’s impressive.

We had a hijack hack of our front page which the techs have fixed now so many members couldn’t get onto WetCanvas.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
    Find me on Instagram
    Find me on Facebook

contumacious

Very nicely built!

Lilymars

Just a rather late note to say how exquisite your little press is. An example of real craftsmanship & a joy to see. I do hope it prints as well as looks! Amazing!

bridog

bravo! admire your press building knowledge

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work. Emile Zola

www.myprintmakingjourney.blogspot.com
                visit my Etsy shop: www.etsy.com/shop/borealart

Hello Bridog, Lilymars, contumacious, and vmrs…. thanks for the good words. Since that was posted a few months ago, I’ve added a few things to the press. I’ve finished the grippers, made a nice wooden base and so forth. Below are a few pics of it in it’s “ready to print” form.

Dave
                aka Winking Cat Press

browndl

Very very nice! I always enjoyed intaglio printing in college.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes Romans 1:16
                    My Blog

You are clever! That looks great.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                    Find me on Instagram
                    Find me on Facebook

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.