Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    oats

Done on velour Not as nice as Pastelmat

Jim
        C&C Welcome

Beautiful!

Christel

GibbyDoodle

Very nice! Expressive eyes

Good work, Jim. I like it’s expression.

I found velour hard to work on but it did give a nice texture to a lion’s mane.

Penny
            I live in Wiltshire, England
            “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Triduana

I really like this one Jim, lovely fur and lots of life in those eyes. :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

fedetony

I like it.. is very expressive :)

Federico Garcia
                    My Blog
                    C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

Beautful portrait of the wolf. You are incredibly prolific. Hats off to you.

Chammi
                    My Blog/WIP's and Tips: Chammi's Art Escapades

JessKerr

Lovely work – your experience with canines shows through here.

I’ve just tried Pastelmat for the first time recently (and loved it), I don’t really have anything to compare it to though as I’ve never really used pastels or colour pencils previously, and not used velour papers. I was wondering if I should try other pastel surfaces but every artist I’ve seen comment on it, seems to prefer pastelmat :lol:

C & C always welcome "She didn't struggle, and so she didn't grow..." Paulo Coelho

Visit my website www.jesskerrartist.com or find me @jesskerrartist on Instagram or Facebook

oats

Lovely work – your experience with canines shows through here.

I’ve just tried Pastelmat for the first time recently (and loved it), I don’t really have anything to compare it to though as I’ve never really used pastels or colour pencils previously, and not used velour papers. I was wondering if I should try other pastel surfaces but every artist I’ve seen comment on it, seems to prefer pastelmat :lol:

Hi and thank you
                            It’s always good to experiment with different papers
                            So far the Pastelmat is a win win but the velour has a soft look with fur
                            I just received some Uart and will be trying it later.
                            Im not sure if it will allow as much layering
                            We’ll find out 😂

Jim
                            C&C Welcome

JessKerr

That is true Jim, there really isn’t anything more fun (or beneficial to learning) than trying out new art supplies including the papers. This seems like another excuse for some more online shopping ;)

C & C always welcome "She didn't struggle, and so she didn't grow..." Paulo Coelho

Visit my website www.jesskerrartist.com or find me @jesskerrartist on Instagram or Facebook

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.