Home Forums Explore Media Glass Art Let’s Talk Glass Technical Forum Glow in the dark glass

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author

I just found out about this stuff…
    There’s a powder you can mix into any glass which will render it
    all glowy!!! People have had good results with both boro and moretti.

Here’s the link…

http://www.extremeglow.com/glowpowder.htm

Pretty Cool!!

Central Massachusetts She drove to the mall that day wearing underwear with a hole in it. She thought of herself as a risk-taker, and living dangerously made her feel giddy. Auctions Website
    Stacylynne

Hummm Jen are you going to try it? Stacylynne

[FONT="Verdana"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]GOSH A GIRL JUST CANT HAVE ENOUGH BRASS TOOLS NOW CAN SHE?
        My Web
        Site

My Etsy

craftylady

Jen are you placing an order? If so please tell us how well it works. Sounds pretty cool.:D

Modesto

KEWL…Jennifer!

“not approved to use in soap, hair, skin”…well that kills a few applications that came to mind.

Tink

I just ordered some of this the other day. I think it’s gonna make some VERY cool ghosts, jack o’ lantern eyes and other spooky stuff for Hallowe’en!

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Tink
                    Etsy

I’m not getting any for now…. I just thought it was cool stuff.
                    What a great idea for haloween beads though! I like the glowing eye idea :D

Central Massachusetts She drove to the mall that day wearing underwear with a hole in it. She thought of herself as a risk-taker, and living dangerously made her feel giddy. Auctions Website
                    Mori

This is cool stuff. I for some reason think I saw actual glass somewhere. If I did and come across it again, I’ll post a link.:)

~Mori

Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
                        [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Leo Tolstoy (1828-1910)
                        My eBay- sorry,nothing at the moment
                        Laura Brito

I have some antique glass that has urainium in it, Jacqui was so kind to send me some samples of it! It is called seed glass, so you use a very little bit, mix it into clear and then you have the glow in the blacklight glass, not glowi n the dark, but neat never the less!

I haven’t used it yet, I like to look at it, and think about what I am going to do with it, just haven’t figured out what I want to do…I am afraid I will like it to much hehe,

Thanks again Jacqui, I always think of you when I see this! hehe

Laura

Laura, does that mean the glass is radio active? Is it dangerous?

Laura Brito

Alot of the older glass bead are radioactive, it is slight though and probably not a danger, but I would not sleep with them on that is for sure!

Laura

fergiebeads

I just ordered a sample pack of it – all three colors for $30. I couldn’t decide on green, blue, or green-blue…

It’s going to be coming US mail (darn-it! I was hoping for UPS!), ’cause the company is just an hour from me in Tupelo, Mississippi! :clap: Go, HomeBoyz!

The guy said they know absolutely nothing about the glass industry other than quite a few glass artists have bought some. I told him if people post anything about it here, I’ll compile it for him so he can be semi-educated on how is product works with the glass.

I figure I’ll try it on clear, white and black first – I’m curious to see how it will combine with other colors (as far as when it’s in regular light.)

~Julie

[i]Originally posted by Laura Brito [/i]
                                    [B]Alot of the older glass bead are radioactive, it is slight though and probably not a danger, but I would not sleep with them on that is for sure![/B]

LOL! :D

macbeth7

Coolio! Can’t wait to see what you guys come up with!

:cat:
                                        Beth

glassdude

Hi Y’all!
                                            The glass that I sent to Laura is some of the same that was used to create Vaseline glass over 70 years ago. I purchased it from Drew Fritts. If I remember correctly, the Uranium has passed any harmful level that it had….. due to the age I think.
                                            Anyhoo, if you want to know more, read up on Vaseline glass… very interesting!, or I’ll try to find Drew’s info sheets……
                                            Oh, it makes awesome beads!!! I may have a picture of some of them somewhere… I’ll post if I can find them.
                                            The powder sounds really fab! The other thing is that Uranium Yellow glass from Moretti I think is also glow light reactive… [remember the old black lights!?}
                                            Hugs!
                                            Cool ideas guys!
                                            Jacqui

www.angelcraftstudio.com
                                            Angel Craft Studio NEW Join the Weekly Free Bead Giveaway!!!
                                            Camden, NJ [Across the wide Delaware River from Philadelphia]

Auctions
                                            mistymade

Wowzers Jennifer!:D Thanks for sharing that link!

Tink and Julie, please let us see your results!:D

Misty:clap:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
                                              • The topic ‘Glow in the dark glass’ is closed to new replies.