Home Forums The Art Business Center General Art Business Internet Sales Strategies Not many followers… should I start a website?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    hmshood5

I’m seriously considering starting a website for my artwork, maybe go with WordPress, Wix, godaddy, etc., but i really don’t have a lot of followers on other sites like FAA and IG (seriously, I’m lucky if I get more than 20 views or “likes” on any of my work:( ), and so I am wondering if I can justify the time and expense of a website if it seems that not too many people are interested. Any words of advice? Shall I go for it or forget it?

"All of us get lost in the darkness... Dreamers learn to steer by the stars"
        www.brianfioreart-aviartisa.com

Harold Roth

It has taken a long time for me to get followers on Instagram. I am hovering around 500 now after a couple of years. I do have a link in my profile there to my art site, but I don’t get many clicks from it. Almost all of my customers come to my art site from Facebook, where I have around 1500 friends for my personal page. My art page on there has only around 250 followers.

I have entered shows and sold nothing that way, so social media is working for me, even if I cannot support myself from my art. But it’s not chump change either. For me, it has been worth it to have my own art site, even though I pay Shopify $30/mo for it. I have made way more than that off it each year, even the worst one.

I think every artist should have their own website, but that’s just me. It’s like having your portfolio ready and out there at all times. All your social media is set up to drive your traffic to your website. The whole reason to be on the web is to get people to your site to put eyes on your work. Just like I am on the web to look at art, I want people to see mine too. On my site, I’m also hoping people will join my mailing list. Over time, you accumulate your people, slowly but surely. It takes patience and the tweaking of your site–all the time–to perfect the whole system. Good luck! :)

John Emmett

[FONT=”Garamond]wordpress:
                https://artistjohnemmett.wordpress.com/%5B/URL%5D
                [/FONT]

[FONT=”Times New Roman]Contact me if you want my help …[/FONT]

Robin

I use GoDaddy and am happy with the results. I need to work on it more, though.

Robin

laf.art

In order to up your followers you have to be posting really regularly and engaging the lookers /likers in some way. If you’re good at chat and /or can think of questions to ask of your viewers then that can help. I’m not good at this but have sold from both insta and fb, so I think most of us can do it.🙂
                        Plus I agree with Arty a website is your portfolio.

laf-art.com | Prints | FB[/U
                        Instagram laf.abstracts

hmshood5

Okay, I bit the bullet and set up a site!

http://www.brianfioreart-aviartisa.com

"All of us get lost in the darkness... Dreamers learn to steer by the stars"
                            www.brianfioreart-aviartisa.com

Tina Lewis

Well done in setting up the site, how are you finding it? The next step is trying to get lots of visitors – lol, it never ends!

laf.art

Well done on the website, and good luck with it.I think your bio is good and will interest people and it all looks well thought out

laf-art.com | Prints | FB[/U
                                    Instagram laf.abstracts

anngrant

Having a website is a good idea, especially if you want your business to succeed. Without a website it’s tough for any kind of business to survive. Also are you building your own site or having it developed for you? You may bee interested to check some decent preset themes. Best place to start if your somewhat technical and want to be hands on while having a good looking finished product. Also be sure to check out a decent hosting – I recommend Java Hosting[/URL]

contumacious

If your goal is selling art, you may want to look at adding the ability for visitors to your website to complete a purchase instantly, right there on your site. Buying art is often an impulse buy. Most people are not going to email you and wait for a response to make a purchase.

Having a buy it now option on your site can work along with Instagram as long as your instagram account links to your website. I don’t use Instagram, though I probably should, so I don’t know if links like that are possible or if you can have a buy it now button right there on Instagram.

RihanaR

Starting a website is always a good idea, no matter how many followers you have. You may try to launch a website through Wix, but be sure you get it localized through https://pickwriters.com/software-localization . Also you have to think about a proper SEO techniques.

Anyway, I wish you good luck!

wianto

In this case, you should invest in different ad campaigns that can bring you more followers on your account. Instagram has become the most popular social platform today on the internet, with more than thirty million people. Also, you can promote your business using Instagram and make real money on it. There are many guides on the internet on how to do that. Visit https://megafamous.com/ig-line-break-bio-caption-spacing-app for more information; here, you can find how to increase the popularity of your account and how to write good texts under your posts.

RihanaR

Yes, having a website is a must

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.