Home Forums The Art Business Center General Art Business Marketing my book to other artists?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I’ve recently published a memoir and it’s mostly been marketed to groups of varying interest that aren’t related to art (other subjects/aspect of my life that are covered in the book). I wonder, however, if I should start market it to other artists.

Is this something that would be of interest to other artists, or do you think the memoir would have to be by a famous artist in order to be interesting? What if it’s a compelling story even though there isn’t much celebrity related to it?

Robin

I, personally, love memoirs by non-celebrities.

Think Rick Bragg’s All Over But the Shoutin or Frank McCourt’s Angela’s Ashes or James McBride’s The Color of Water.

I am not southern nor black nor irish and yet all those stories are fascinating. I say market to everyone.

Artists included.

Robin

I, personally, love memoirs by non-celebrities.

Think Rick Bragg’s All Over But the Shoutin or Frank McCourt’s Angela’s Ashes or James McBride’s The Color of Water.

I am not southern nor black nor irish and yet all those stories are fascinating. I say market to everyone.

Artists included.

Thanks Robin. :heart: I suppose you’re right. I love memoirs too. I suppose I have to figure out a way to do it, that’s all. It’s in my keywords on Amazon of course (because I am an artist), but I have to figure out a way to reach other artists. Maybe on Twitter.

Robin

What’s it called?

Robin

Shrapnel in the San Fernando Valley

It’s been out since April, but a second edition was just released because there were a bunch of mistakes found in the first one.

Robin

Ah, just entered the Good Reads for it!

I think, from the reviews and blurb about it, that you can market it to artists. Lots of us can identify with living a life in phases, some of which occur before making visual art was our #1 priority.

Robin

Thank you Robin!

I will have to figure out a way to market to artists somehow. I got to you, now, how to get to others. (?) Maybe Facebook groups, but I don’t want to come across as a spammer.

I will warn you there is a lot of profanity. I just got turned down from a publicist because of it.

Robin

I am not afraid of profanity, but am unlikely to recommend to others if there’s a lot of it.

One of my favorite movies is The Commitments and I don’t think I’d sit and watch it with my elderly relatives!

Robin

The guy who put that movie together (the guy who that movie is also about) has a “cameo” in my book by the way. His name is Paul Bushnell. He produced one of my band’s demos. Good friend.

I understand what you’re saying. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but I knew that when I wrote it. It’s got a 18+ library label (rated ‘R’) type recommendation on it in the metadata. Also a warning in the Intro.

JulioSaphire

Promoting your book to fellow artists is a smart move, particularly when it boasts a captivating and relatable narrative. You need not possess celebrity status for it to pique their interest. Artists frequently find value in learning about the creative odysseys and encounters of their peers.

wianto

Marketing your book to fellow artists is a fantastic approach. While celebrity status can help, a compelling story and genuine passion often resonate deeply with artists. Your journey, struggles, and creative process can inspire and connect with them on a personal level. I’d recommend joining art forums, sharing snippets, and engaging in discussions. It’s a great way to build a community of readers who appreciate your unique perspective. As for boosting your online presence, consider using platforms like Instagram and Twitter, where many artists gather. Besides, you can try using a Google ads dashboard. You can find more info online on how it works.

Saeed

I suppose you have published the book yourself.

Have you ever thought of using Google ads? that’s really amazing.

It would be better if you consulted with other artists and writers (if available) before publishing your book.

The effect of the name is huge!

Have you built a site for your book? or even just a simple web page.

Have you used AI models (artificial intelligence software like chatgpt or google Brad and many more)?

There are tons of  AI web apps that can suggest you amazing names for your book.

You can search for it on Google and it will show you.

Also, you can consult with these chatbots for marketing. Be sure to do this.

The lives of artists and their moods are very attractive to ordinary people. Because they think that artists have a more sensitive and different personality and it reminds people of artists like Van Gogh and that he cut off his ear.

It seems that you are not at all familiar with the Internet and IT. Get help from those who have experience and expertise in this field.

good luck

http://delightpen.art

It’s wonderful that you’re considering expanding your book’s marketing efforts to other artists. While your memoir may not be by a famous artist, its compelling story holds immense value. Artists, like anyone else, appreciate authentic and relatable narratives that resonate with their own experiences and emotions. Your unique perspective could offer valuable insights and inspiration to fellow creatives.
                                Exploring international link building strategies could be a fantastic way to reach a broader audience of artists who share your passion for storytelling and creativity. It can provide useful tips and resources to help you connect with artists worldwide.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.