Home Forums Explore Subjects Florals and Botanical The Plant Parade: a forum challenge – December.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author

Welcome to our Seasonal challenge for the end of this year.

I do hope many of you will take this on – you could end up with something practical for the Seasonal decorations!

Few rules –

[*]Any medium, any size
      [*] Any crop of reference – your own reference if you wish
      [*] Any discussion but no showing your work – yet!
      [*] Reveal day is any time from 20th.

You may need to gather some pieces, or, if making a 2D piece use the images I’m including and maybe add some of your own!

Take one or more of these …….
    Christmas roses (hellebores) (all free-usage from Pixabay)

Add some of these ….
    Red berries from the RIL

Sundiver

WithrLady larger

Charlie’s Mum – larger

… then some greenery – (also in the RIL)

DominicM – larger

TeAnne – larger

Yabby – larger

Charlie’s Mum – larger

… and then add a little festive ’glitter’

Dewi – larger

Dewi – larger

mlou jhu – larger

…….. put them all together to make a Christmas Posy! It can be 3D, an actual posy … or 2D, a painting/ink/pastel etc.

I shall put all the posies together for our Christmas Greetings to the forum!

(Sorry I can’t add smilies as we have 15 images above – but please add any images you might think we could use … like gold or silver beads, red baubles, gold pine cones etc!)

Happy Christmas creating everyone!

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

… and you may like some ribbons too!

For those of you living downunder, you may wish to substitute one of your own Christmas flowers for the hellebore – that’s OK!:lol:

Happy Christmas Creating!

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Wow, what an array of images to choose from. Thanks, Maureen for these.

LIL

eyepaint

Maureen – thanks for hosting and such a large selection of reference images – wow!!

-- EP Moderator for:
        All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Great images! Thanks!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Oh – I do hope this means we’ll have lovely posies to share!:D
        Thanks ladies:)

Cheers, Maureen

Anyone creating artistically? … apart from decorating the house? :lol:

Cheers, Maureen

Oh yes, every day, lol!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

That’s OK then – it was feeling a little quiet around here!:lol:

Cheers, Maureen

eyepaint

Mine is in progress :)

-- EP Moderator for:
            All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

I’m done with mine, though they are pmp references.

Christel

Well done Christel!:thumbsup: :)

Mine’s not started yet :(

Cheers, Maureen

Hi Maureen and everyone – I’m back online… partially. We are still waiting on a Landline phone and the Internet to be installed in our new house. Apparently there’s problem with it but they MAY be there this week to install it.

In the meantime I’ve had my cellphone fixed so I can post with it but time’s limited on it. I won’t be able to paint for the Challenge this month but looking forward to seeing everyone’s efforts!

I’m also looking forward to getting back into art as soon as I can. I found I had multiple huge cartons of art materials to pack and unpack when we moved….so can’t wait to use them again! :grouphug:

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

Welcome back Viv and sad that you can’t join in the painting frenzy currently going on – Ithink!!!!!!!! ….. I hope!!!!! …… I know Christel is ready at least!:lol:

Cheers, Maureen

:lol: I like to finish the challenges at the beginning of the month and that leaves the rest of the month open for extras:angel:

Christel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.