Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt #563 – Nov 1 – 9

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    eyepaint

Hi gang! Welcome to …. Scavenger Hunt #563 – Nov 1 – 9

(It appears Munin might be away so I thought I’d jump in to host. )

If you’ve participated in at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one we would really appreciate it. You can sign up by posting your name on the current hosting schedule in the Art From Life forum here:

https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366347

Here are the rules for the hunt:

*All items on the list must be sketched from life – not imagination or photo reference.

*Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed on by unanimous vote among the participants.

*You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count these objects as separate items, but no single object can count for more than one item.

*All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

Do as many or as few of the items as you like. You don’t have to finish the entire list to participate. The Scavenger Hunt “week” will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.

Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you for each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are welcome.

*** If you have some hunt sketches completed but little time to read/comment, please post your sketches anyways. Commenting is appreciated but not necessary.

*** This is re-post of a hunt I hosted in 2014 (Scavenger Hunt #358 – May 1 – 9)

Scavenger Hunt #563 – Nov 1 – 9
        ———————————————
        abacus or something used to calculate
        board or wood
        carrot or vegetable
        dandelion or other weed
        elevator or something used to lift items
        fern or other plant
        giant or large item
        heavy item
        intelligence
        joke or something that makes you laugh
        kilt or other clothing item for the lower body
        lampshade
        meal
        narrow
        onion
        prickly
        quirky or strange
        ramen noodle or other noodle dish
        slippery
        tornado or something that creates wind
        universal remote or something that operates more than one thing
        very suprising
        wine or beverage
        xylophone or other musical instrument
        yelp or something used to aid a person
        zeal or something that brings you great joy

Challenge (always optional): draw a hand or a nose each day of this hunt

Have fun!

Cheers,

-- EP Moderator for:
        All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

mothsailor

Hello, hope you don’t mind me joining in. I haven’t done any of the ones on the list yet, but I like the idea of doing a drawing of hands or a nose each day, so I’ve started off with a couple of drawings of my left hand, one a blind contour drawing. I’ll have a go at some of the ones on the non-optional list soon. Looking forward to seeing everyone’s work.

These were both done with a 2B pencil.

Dave

eyepaint

Hi Dave, You are most certainly welcome to join in. Cool hands study. I should get on that today :)

p.s. love the happy golden retriever in graphite in your signature line :)

-- EP Moderator for:

Thanks, EP, for the list.
                Welcome Dave! Nice hands. Good daily exercise.

After copying the list I realize it is alphabetical. I always like that so I don’t have to count. Evil grin…..

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                My website https://jocastilloart.com

Eye

EP: Thanks for the list and sub. for Munin

Dave: Welcome … glorious hands in pencils…

Hello all

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
                    https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

eyepaint

Jo – thank you
                        Ai – thank you

ballpoint pen on printer paper
                        1. used to calculate (with bonus hand … sort of)

Cheers,

-- EP Moderator for:

Scattykat

…cool new list, thanks EP. …and great calculator n hand :thumbsup:
                            Dave, well done on the hands, especially the blind contour… :)

…two from me, graphite in A4 sketchbook…

1. Zeal, makes me happy, my lovely daughter, plus a daily nose :wink2:
                            2. Universal remote, can operate more than one thing, a hand :)

:cat: :wave:

Scatty ....
                            ..................all things come to those who dreamzzzzzzz...[/COLOR]

Eye

#1 make me laugh … my family… done in 2B pencil

#2 beverage … green tea … done in pencil and watercolor

Ai

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

eyepaint

Scatty – thank you. And yes a hand is true universal remote :)

Ai – thank you. Fun family sketch and that green tea looks delicious :)

-- EP Moderator for:

Eye

Challenge — of Nov 3 … a hand sketch done with MicrosoftPaint

Ai

EP, love the calculaotor and your hand and in red….

Scatty, lovely daughter is right. The hand is well scrunched with good lines and shading.

Ai, happy to see your sketches. The green tea made me smile. Love your laughing family. And a blue hand for me!

I sketched in the big book with the Pilot fountain pen. Quickly as always.

Number 1, dandelion or weed
                                        Number 2, fern or other plant

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                                        My website https://jocastilloart.com

mothsailor

EP, good idea to do a calculator, nicely done.
                                            Scatty, I love those drawings, so well observed, very subtle shading.
                                            Ai, I love the drawing of your family especially, great job.

Here is my daily nose, done with a HB mechanical pencil using the driving mirror in my car while waiting to pick up my daughter!

#1 Wood (2B pencil)

Dave

eyepaint

Ai – great hand outline

Jo – thank you. Ooo weed and is that an Xmas/Thanksgiving cactus?

Dave – thank you. Good nose. And that wood has great detail.

-- EP Moderator for:

eyepaint

graphite, 5×6″, around 30 min

2. wooden clothespin (with bonus hand)
                                                    3. plant (with bonus fingers)

Cheers,

-- EP Moderator for:

Scattykat

Thanks all…
                                                        Ai, lovely warmth in the family sketch, not sure I’ve had green tea before. Nice work on the hands, esp those holding the peg….
                                                        Jo, well drawn hand holding the weed, love Christmas cacti, I left mine back in France as was too big to bring. I wish I’d thought to bring a cutting with me, but in the final mayhem I forgot…
                                                        Dave, good use of waiting time, well done nose and neat take on wood…

…another graphite sketch today,
                                                        3. Intelligence, Ruby has plenty, she didn’t like me keep looking at her whilst sketching, so decided to hide her face behind the hump in the counterpane made by my feet, cheeky thing…

…oh, and this is bonus nose for today :wink2:

:cat: :wave:

Scatty ....
                                                        ..................all things come to those who dreamzzzzzzz...[/COLOR]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.