Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt #548: July 4-12, 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Eye

Welcome to the Scavenger Hunts!

If you’ve done at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one, we’d really appreciate it! You can sign up by posting your name and the current hosting list stickie on Artwork from Life forum: https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366347

Rules for Hunting:
        * All items on the list must be sketched from life–not imagination nor photo references
        * Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed to by unanimous vote among the participants
        * You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count those objects as separate list items, but no single object can count for more than one list item.
        * All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you sketch and post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

Do as many or as few items as you like; you don’t have to finish the entire list to participate! You don’t have to comment on every post, but comment, if and when you can.

Scavenger Hunts last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.

Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you to do each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are also welcome!

Scavenger Hunt #548: July 4-12
        ———————————–
        round
        long
        polygon
        corner
        symmetrical

organic
        nature
        seed
        fruit
        bush

contains letters
        contains numbers
        contains both letters and numbers
        decoration
        celebration

sweet
        sour
        bitter
        sallty
        neutral taste

animal
        people
        rock
        stick
        manmade
        fabric

Challenge: Try to do as much as you can and some items can be sketched in more than one medium

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
        https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

jmfletch

:lol: Figured you were probably in bed by now do was just getting ready to post my list for next hunt.

Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

using brush pen filled with fountain pen ink – Montegrappa Burgundy

round-ceiling light fixture
            polygon- one wall in bathroom
            long – outdoor hose
            symmetrical – little pagoda
            organic – dead bush and rocks
            corner – of trailer

Robin
            The mediator between head and hands must
            be the heart. Harbou - Metropolis
            http://virtualparsnip.blogspot.com/

Eye

Hi Joe and all.

Robin: Very nice happy start of this Hunt. Love when your Art -Chi is flowing… nice pagoda and rocks.

Ai

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

eyepaint

Thanks for the new list, Ai!

Robin – look at you all first person to post. I like your symmetrical pagoda-type item :)

-- EP Moderator for:
                    All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Joan T

Belated Happy 4th of July to those who celebrated yesterday!

Ai, thanks for the new list.

Robin, congrats on being first to post sketches. I like your little pagoda and the other fun sketches.

I helped my art organization run an outdoor art event yesterday. While manning our table I used a little down time to sketch my view.
                        1 – corner of a tent – watercolors and ink
                        2 – people
                        3- fabric (silk scarves for sale)

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                        [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Ai, thanks for the list. We ought to have some of those things around.

Robin, nice warm sketches with the burgundy ink. I might be tempted to drink some.

Joan, sounds like a busy but nice day. Great sketch of the scene. I like the guy with his hands on his hips like he is waiting for the wife to catch up. Ha.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                        My website https://jocastilloart.com

Eye

Joan: awesome sketch of the fun art event…love your details…

Jo: Hi

Ai

jmfletch

Robin – I am in the line of fans for the little pagoda. Love the burgundy ink. It’s gives a kind of aged look to the sketches. I love the rocks and bush too.

Joan – you truly have mastered capturing people in your plein air sketches. I agree with jo my thought was the guy with hands on his hips was waiting on his wife risking too long somewhere.

Ai, EP, Jo – ::clap:

Lurkers – :wave:

That is a nice looking SUV too.

Keep sketching
                                Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

jmfletch

1 – corner HB and 2B graphite
                                    2 – round 4H and ebony
                                    Together they are about 1/3 of a page in 9×12 in sketchbook

Keep sketching
                                    Joe

Munin Raven

I have nothing to post yet, but I’m finally finished with masses of work I’ve been stuck on… at least for a few months. Looking forward to having more time to spend time, if that makes any sense. Hopefully it does for most of you. :)

Eye: A nice list. Simple, yet room for movement and creativity. :thumbsup:

azulparsnip: Look at that red. Best ceiling light fixture I’ve seen since April! :thumbsup:

JmFletch: I always like to see pencil work. Love your inclusion of all the frames, but I have to ask, what are the things in between? :confused:

I see (from left) a two headed dragon rearing up and puffing his/her chest out, wings folded back, naturally. :lol: Behind him/her, one of those bells used to grab the attention of a hotel clerk? :confused: Then my late grandmother seems to make an appearance, doing her old flute routine with her hair curlers still in… and that massive candle she always had (but never lit) is right behind her! :eek: :lol:

Sorry, but the darker pencils just drew me (no pun) to those items. Love the time taken on the… hearing aid? Really love those shapes.

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it. " Elwood P. Dowd

Sketch-Blog
                                        jmfletch

The in-betweens are kokopelli sconces. Darker pencil as they are black. Your grandma with hair in curlers playing the flute would probably be pretty close!
                                            :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
                                            The “hearing aid” is a trackball for the computer.

Here are the real things:

P.s. The art is all done by moi.:cool: The peppers and eggplant is all mine. The other 5 were done from various cp books.

Keep sketching
                                            Joe

Munin Raven

Apologies for the double post, but somehow I completely missed Joan and her always engaging watercolours.

Joan: Is there any point asking you to slow down a little? :lol: If I dared to walk to the end of my street, would you even be capable of holding your brushes that long without using them? And please don’t tell me you could by using the time to wash them. You’ve got me. I give up. You confound me… in the most wonderful way.

Sorry. Carry on, I guess. :thumbsup:

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it. " Elwood P. Dowd

Sketch-Blog
                                                Munin Raven

Ahh… Sorry for the post again, but jmfletch has just split my sides. I blame him, haha. :lol:

No, of course, just post timing does it’s thing. I’m laughing rather a lot right now. Thank you. Just perfect. The photographic evidence seems to indicate I was rather… erm… presumptuous when it came to my initial viewing. Haha… so glad I was!

Glorious and fun. Very much appreciated. :heart:

Sketch-Blog
                                                    Joan T

Jo – Thank you. The art event was a fun day despite the heat.

Ai – Many thanks.

Joe – The guy’s wife was probably picking out some outrageous artwork without him. lol Nice corner with the kokopele sconces and artwork. Glad you explained what the ball was. I was trying to figure it out. Great shading!

Munin – If I slow down come and see if I’m still breathing. lol Thanks so much.

After all the activity at the art event yesterday I relaxed at the beach today.
                                                        4 – manmade (chair & umbrella) – watercolors and ink

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                                                        [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.