Home Forums Explore Media Colored Pencil Berol Canadiana pencils

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SnapV

Hello coloured pencil folks! My husband was going through some old boxes yesterday and found a nice box of old cp’s, completely unused and gave them to me :)

They are a 24-pack of Berol Canadiana. He thinks he would have gotten them when beginning high school in 1990 or 1991.

Does anyone know anything about these pencils? I’m going to try them today and make a colour chart and I’ll post it if anyone is interested.

Here is a picture of the box:

Virginie

All C&C welcome: I want to improve!

amorozova

Isn’t Berol a previous name of Prismacolors? I’ve read it here in some thread.

Anna

Berol was the brand of Prismacolors before they were bought from Sanford.

ocmd123

Berol was the brand of Prismacolors before they were bought from Sanford.

Yep. That’s correct. I still have a few Berol Prismas.

ELAINE~ Moderator-Colored Pencil Forum ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to the forum? Visit the Welcome Thread ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to CP? Check out the CP Libray Index for information about about pencils, paper, sharpeners.[FONT=Times New Roman]
                Instagram

Save

SnapV

Oh very interesting! Thanks for answering.

I have to say though so far they seem much much harder than my Prismacolor (both my Premier and even my Scholar set). Is it possible that they got harder because they are old?

Virginie

All C&C welcome: I want to improve!

Wassie
                        Sutra

Oh very interesting! Thanks for answering.

I have to say though so far they seem much much harder than my Prismacolor (both my Premier and even my Scholar set). Is it possible that they got harder because they are old?

I believe that prismacolor were always called that regardless of who owned the company. These could be a student grade designed to be hard so the students wouldn’t break the leads.

….I have to say though so far they seem much much harder than my Prismacolor (both my Premier and even my Scholar set). Is it possible that they got harder because they are old?

It’s more likely they contain less wax binder. They may even be comparable to Prismacolor Verithin pencils, which are equivalent to “regular” Prismacolor pencils, but harder and thinner.

Carrie L. Lewis
                            Helping You Create Art You Can be Proud of with the Colored Pencils You Love
                            http://www.Carrie-Lewis.com/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.