WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The WetCanvas! Galleria > Open Critique Forum > WIPs (Works in Progress)
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-14-2019, 05:54 AM
NY

Is this working?

I'm doing this in acrylics as a gift for a friend and it's only my third figural. I'm using a cropped section of a photo in which they are apparently standing in front of something that's been made to look like a giant boot (?). Lol. I still have a little work to do on their faces, clothing, gloves, etc., but I'm wondering if this works... Artistic license and all, especially the somewhat abstract way I'm going with handling the tire in the lower left

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-27-2019, 02:35 PM

Re: Is this working?

I really like the portraits. They seem proportioned nicely. The hand on the shoulder is a bit awkward but those are always the hardest to do. I've had the same problem many times.I think I wold like to see a little more movement in the background. Your friend will be very happy! You've done a really nice job.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-27-2019, 08:35 PM
NY

Thank you for the reply! I didn't realize this was such a quiet forum. The painting is already gone but I did work on it from what's seen above. Here it is further along as I was working on that hand. Lol.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-29-2019, 02:24 PM
Lord of the Arts

The arm is better.
Many forums are quiet now, due possibly to holidays and family time.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-29-2019, 10:44 PM

Well it looks great. It is definitely quieter than I thought it be but maybe ntl is correct and we’ll get more feedback in the New year That really what I was hoping for when I joined. Happy Painting 👍
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-30-2019, 11:32 AM
NY

Thank you, both. This sub-forum is a little hard to find too!