Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Watercolor Gallery Bathing Beauties

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    vegaskip

Poolewe, on Loch Ewe. Convoy assembly area for Atlantic and Russian Convoys in WW2
        Now in the Russian Arctic Convoy Museum at Aultbea.
        Jim
        [ATTACH]871212[/ATTACH]

Blah

Beautiful! This is different from most of your work that I have seen, in the sense that the sea looks so serene in this one unlike the raw power that can be seen and felt in so many of your paintings.

Steve T. Laws

The long composition is cool. Like a panoramic

vegaskip

Beautiful! This is different from most of your work that I have seen, in the sense that the sea looks so serene in this one unlike the raw power that can be seen and felt in so many of your paintings.

Rough sea is more fun, but takes a lot longer. It really depends on the location and the story of the painting. I could have called this ‘Calm before the Storm’ the ships are assembling before leaving on the ‘Worst Journey On Earth’ (to quote Winston Churchill)
                    Jim

patrikeev

Beautiful!

A real tour de force, a historic scene. Nice work Jim.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

rossmarie

Beautiful Jim. I thought for a moment we were going to be in Pontins holiday camp!

Looks so peaceful ….. but not much fun around the corner.

Mike :clap:

vegaskip

Beautiful Jim. I thought for a moment we were going to be in Pontins holiday camp!

Looks so peaceful ….. but not much fun around the corner.

Mike :clap:

Thanks. It is a terrific place . Wife and I had a few days there in May 2015. Believe it or not ‘shirt sleeves’ and no Midgies!. I had an exhibition At the museum and a hotel all summer. This and several other things led to the visit to Russia, Dervish75 and the ‘Arctic Echoes’ book, and the fact I have lots of Russian pals on Face Book.
                                Jim

oats

I really like this. Beautifully done.

Jim
                                    C&C Welcome

vegaskip

Thanks . First time I’ve tried Highland Cattle.
                                        Jim

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.