Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    horseandmoon

Hi all !

I would appreciate any help you can offer

MY IMAGE(S):

GENERAL INFORMATION:
        Title: train girl
        Year Created:
        Medium: Digital
        Surface: Other
        Dimension: 24*32
        Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
        this is a digital attempt to choose a composition. I have already started the version 1, still yet unsure. some details are missing yet this is the general idea

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
        I’ld like to hear comments on both compositions

kedwards

Lovely image. Is there a reason you chose the landscape orientation?

A portrait orientation would draw the eye into the image and remove the flat space to the right.

Kim
            c&c is always welcome
            http://KBEdwards.com

horseandmoon

interesting cropping !!! Thank you Kim .

Lovely image. Is there a reason you chose the landscape orientation?

[IMG]http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/24-Apr-2019/1977258-3C59C384-DA4E-408F-96D8-7DCA8E8B61AB.jpeg[/IMG]

I haven’t a clear answer to that. The intention was to enhance the feeling of being a stranger in a strange land. Somehow, I needed that big window yet not very sure about it :)

Dorrart

I agree with Kedwards edit. I like seeing the open seat edge across from the girl (as in your first image and Kedwards edit) and the open seat next to the girl. This adds to the feeling of being alone in that area of the world. The image raises hints of a story. I’m not sure the window adds to the story or the mood. Leaving it out leaves the time of day a bit more ambiguous, which could be good for the stranger in a strange land feel.

- David

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." --Picasso

horseandmoon

I see your point and appreciate your feedback

this is what I have done so far following version 1, yet cropped according to your suggestions

kedwards

Looks good. I cannot describe why, but I really like the arrangement of all the geometrical forms within the composition. There is a lot going on

Kim
                            c&c is always welcome
                            http://KBEdwards.com

horseandmoon

thank you !
                                it feels like a muted noise…

Shenko

Perhaps you can try the version two with the empty seat next to her. To me it says “it is just me, all by myself”. So, I like the other crop. But may be it is just me. :)

C&C always welcome

[IMG]https://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-24-2019/1976779_tg4c.jpg[/IMG]

I’m not an expert in composition/design, though I really think the window & empty seat & flat wall under the window should stay.
                                    I don’t think she’s alone. Usually children will always take the window seat, and yet here she saves the window seat for possibly a spirit with her?
                                    Sunlight “looking over” her shoulder? When the focus/subject changes from the girl to the window & empty seat, there’s something (almost scary) about it.
                                    The line of the inner train … an inner world … different/same “train” of existence or existence landscape … also called “planes” of existence. It’s beautiful masterful!

:heart: Elle Amde

Elle Amde

Never fear; always persevere.

horseandmoon

Perhaps you can try the version two with the empty seat next to her. To me it says “it is just me, all by myself”. So, I like the other crop. But may be it is just me. :)

Thank you Shenko and sorry for the late reply. She looked so content indeed and I’m trying to depict that .

horseandmoon

I’m not an expert in composition/design, though I really think the window & empty seat & flat wall under the window should stay.
                                            I don’t think she’s alone. Usually children will always take the window seat, and yet here she saves the window seat for possibly a spirit with her?
                                            Sunlight “looking over” her shoulder? When the focus/subject changes from the girl to the window & empty seat, there’s something (almost scary) about it.
                                            The line of the inner train … an inner world … different/same “train” of existence or existence landscape … also called “planes” of existence. It’s beautiful masterful!

:heart: Elle Amde

I’m keeping then at least for that version. A friend of mine asked for the cropped version so I’m playing with the one I started for the time being..

Yes !! I try to paint her inner world. I liked what you said about the empty seat. Maybe it’s for her friendly spirit, maybe she saves it for us to travel with her in her inner spaces

Thank you for the lovely thoughts you shared ❤️

horseandmoon

This is where I’m now.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.