WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Acrylics
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-15-2020, 04:56 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from Canada
Re: QDC - our Quick-Dry-Cafe ..... come chat!

Hi Colin,

No complaints from me about the snow here in New Westminster. I work at Douglas College and we got a snow day as the college is closed. Yay! And I'm paid for the day too, what could be better! Going to spend the day painting with hubby and kitty close by!

Christina
  #62   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-15-2020, 05:45 PM
Victoria, Vancouver Island

Hails from Canada

That's great, Christina.

Actually I am not complaining either, despite nearly a foot of snow. We went out to shovel and some kind neighbour had already made a narrow path along our sidewalk! . So all we had to do was widen it, and my son happily volunteered to help. which gave me the energy to shovel along my neighbours' sidewalks and pay the good deed done to us forward to someone else. So now we have proper pathways through the snow and it's nice to know we have good neighbours.

PS New Westminster is a really nice city. We have very good friends who live in Sapperton so have been there frequently to visit them.

Moderator Acrylics Forum~~~Reference Image Library
  #63   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2020, 08:07 AM
Enthusiast
Fort Nelson, BC, Canada

Hails from Canada

I didn't think Victoria got much snow. A little snow occasionally in winter would be welcomed. -40 here int he night. Too cold to snow. We don't get enough snow at one time for anything to be cancelled but school buses are cancelled here due to the temps. I'll bet the kids are happy with it!

I don't like it this cold as I can't get outside and walk/jog, but I'm glad there's no snow to shovel.

It's so dry though!! The colder it gets, the dryer it is.
- "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." - Joshua 24:14

#64   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2020, 08:56 AM
Enthusiast
Adelaide area South Australia

Hails from Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherylG
I didn't think Victoria got much snow. A little snow occasionally in winter would be welcomed. -40 here int he night. Too cold to snow. We don't get enough snow at one time for anything to be cancelled but school buses are cancelled here due to the temps. I'll bet the kids are happy with it!

I don't like it this cold as I can't get outside and walk/jog, but I'm glad there's no snow to shovel.

It's so dry though!! The colder it gets, the dryer it is.

Hi SherylG,

Don't mind me, I had to look up a map and weather and work out that BC is British Colombia. 38 weather warnings. Gosh, I don't know how you manage those temps. But I tip hat to you.
On a positive, I learnt a little about your BC. I looked at the DH News Vancouver site.
" Today is simply not a great day to be outdoors." That sounded quite a cheery opening line until I continued reading.

We are definitely polar opposites.
Too bad we cannot mix the earth up with a big mixing spoon as if it were a pudding to blend the ingredients to get the temperature 'just right' for all.

Cheers

Merri
  #65   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2020, 11:06 AM
WC! Guide
Manitoba, Canada

Hails from Canada

-35 C here this morning, not cold enough to cancel buses, it has to be -45. Only one town in the area had buses cancelled. My son's bus was running 40 minutes late so hubby drove him to school. Thank goodness, no waiting in the cold.

Yep Sheryl, very dry. We have a cool mist humidifier, need to run it more. We can also put scented oils in it and it still has "Christmas spirit" in it lol.

Enjoy your day Christina!

I think I will clean out my craft room closet today. It has become a big pile up in there.

mkmcreations.com *** My Acrylic Gallery
Every painting is a new adventure.
  #66   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-17-2020, 12:52 AM
Enthusiast
Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Michelle! I have a cool mist humidifier that does the same. In the winter running eucalyptus oils helps my asthma as well as bringing all local Koala bears to my apartment! (Kenny?)

OKay, I can immediately tell when Maureen's been away because there's no tea out and the biscuits have all crumbled! I hope all is well!

Sheila

-Helen Keller
  #67   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-17-2020, 03:46 AM
Victoria, Vancouver Island

Hails from Canada

Yes Sheryl we do get snow down here from time to time. It started melting today so most roads have been cleared.

Merri, B.C. is a big place with lots different climactic zones, including lots of extremes. Wish we could send some of the cooler temperatures and wetness down to you right now.

Moderator Acrylics Forum~~~Reference Image Library
  #68   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-17-2020, 07:57 AM
A Local Legend

Sheila...better stay inside today..just read that one of the refineries let out dangerous fumes in the downtown
Philly area...maybe that tent in Valley Forge sounds good!...
  #69   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-17-2020, 12:32 PM
Enthusiast
Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefish
Sheila...better stay inside today..just read that one of the refineries let out dangerous fumes in the downtown
Philly area...maybe that tent in Valley Forge sounds good!...

Thanks for this Blue!
I'm never sure just who IS letting out gas in this city! During summers I am convinced all citizens are actively contributing to global warming!

Sheila

-Helen Keller
  #70   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-17-2020, 03:12 PM
A Local Legend

Probably Lady C’s friends from the “ Main Line” ....
  #71   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-18-2020, 09:54 PM
Enthusiast
Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Quote:

Dunno Fish! It's been a while since I've been out to the Main Line.!

I know Maddie called today. He was sent a hug and it was never delivered!

Sheila

-Helen Keller
  #72   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-19-2020, 12:41 PM
A Local Legend

Sheila....did you march in the parade, in the snow, yesterday down Benjamin Franklin Parkway to the Art Museum?...
  #73   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-19-2020, 01:53 PM
Horses make me happy

Hails from Australia

Quote:
probably
My websites: Discoveries With Colour Adventures in Photography
  #74   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-19-2020, 02:06 PM
Horses make me happy

Hails from Australia

Well I thought that Maddie was going to have to be put down Friday night. He couldn’t walk in from the field. We have no idea how long he had been like this but it was a while as he was starving when I brought hay. We all thought that his leg had been broken somehow. My 26 yr old does not act his age sometimes. But after numerous X-rays, the vet could not find anything wrong except an odd lump that was very painful to touch to at the top of his leg. It didn’t appear that he had been kicked. It was below freezing and we could not leave him out there all night. He was unable to bend his knee or extend the leg forward, so we decided to do it for him and encourage him to move forward with the other legs. It started slow but after about 20 steps he decided he could pick it up himself and he was lame but almost walked normally into the barn. Yesterday he had a bit of toe dragging when I started walking him but it worked out fairly quickly. Very odd but I still have my boy. The vet thinks he might have ruptured his radial tendon or got a pinched nerve that was too painful to move. She had one other horse with this and she said that horse was almost normal the next day. This was Maddie too.
My websites: Discoveries With Colour Adventures in Photography
  #75   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-19-2020, 02:55 PM
Enthusiast
Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Ugh! Carol! What a nightmare!
With horses, it's rarely easy! I had gotten good at "seeing" colic in horses but the entire "lameness" thing often threw me. And, of course, Maddie has that weird sleeping thing too.

Is he out at pasture all night every night? When my Scarlett was about 25 or so she was kept blanketed for an entire winter. When we removed the blankets we discovered she had been wasting. All things turned around and she did well but, with herd animals, things can change so rapidly. (They're cleaver about who they'll allow to know when somethings bugging them.) Scarlett had thyroid issues.

Please let Maddie know I'm always thinking about him!

Sheila

-Helen Keller