Home Forums Explore Subjects Animal and Wildlife Subjects JanFeb 2018 "WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON?"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 108 total)
  • Author

Hullo all members :wave:
    We hope you had a wonderful Christmas and all our best wishes for a healthy,
    happy and peaceful 2018[/SIZE][/B]:clap:

January/ February ThreadThis year – we are going to make our “What Are You Working On?” Thread a 2 monthly Thread. And also this year Triduana/ KayM, is going to manage the Thread for us. Thank you very much kAY, we do appreciate your help in Managing this Thread for us.

So you can post whatever artwork you are working on – it doesn’t have to have an Animal or Wildlife content – ANY SUBJECT IN ANY ART MEDIUM – is ok to be posted in this Thread, so go ahead folks and post your artwork here “what you are working on”.
    We love to see everyone’s WIP’s here and of course you can still post any WIP’s in their own Thread in our Main List if you would like to also.

Looking forward to seeing “What you are working on”

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

Triduana

Many thanks for starting the new thread Viv :thumbsup:

Hoping this thread will be just as busy as the last one! I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s projects, WIPs, doodles and everything else art related! :wave:

This should be a calmer year for me than the last one so I hope to be contributing more to this thread as well as to the forum. The A&W challenge is the next thing on my list. :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

fedetony

I’m in holidays… Not working :D

Federico Garcia
            My Blog
            C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

I expect you can guess what this is!

Penny
            I live in Wiltshire, England
            “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Great start, Penny!
            I’ve been working on my landscapes. My latest one needs a few more hours to finish it.

Christel

Thank you, Christel.

Your landscape is so good! Is it acrylics?

Brilliant water! I like the gold colours against the greens of the beautiful trees. Very well done. I am hopeless at landscapes and really ought to try more. I really like rock formations and mountains.

Penny
            “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Penny – Yes I’ve guessed and it’s going great!

Christel – That looks like a wonderful landscape! Is it Oils?

fedetony – Yep, I’m on holiday too but still working….such is the life of a Moderator! :)

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

Thanks, Viv!

Penny

Thanks Penny and Vivien! Oils.

Christel

Triduana

Penny that’s looking good. Some nice textures there :)

Christel I really like the landscape, such lovely trees. That’s something I need more practice at!

So long, and thanks ...

My update on my landscape. A3 from a pixabay reference

I also struggled with landscapes and then decided I need to practice as all animals are in the land/sky/sea:lol:

Christel

Triduana

It’s beautiful Christel, it has a lovely depth to it and I love the reflections. Those pale trees are a nice contrast too.

It’s so true what you say about landscapes – it’s difficult to avoid them! I usually do simple or abstracted backgrounds to my wildlife paintings but it is nice to give the subject a bit of context sometimes.

I’ve got a few things to do today – sort out photo references for the WDE … Finish my design for a painted animal sculpture that has to be sent off by the end of the month … And maybe start my A&W challenge painting!

So long, and thanks ...

Working on an abstract for another forum challenges

Penny

Thanks Kay!
                    Penny – interesting. Acrylics?

Christel

Yes, Liquitex

Penny

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 108 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.