Home Forums Explore Media Printmaking Sherrill Kahn’s Petroglyph Stamp Plates

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Goldfinger

Hello

It’s been awhile since I last posted. Been really ill with leukaemia but am doing better now.

I’ve been searching for petroglyph rubber stamp plates for sometime now until recently when I found Sherrill Kahn’s website. I contacted her only to find out her husband had passed away and she was no longer in business.

So I’m looking for someone or someplace where I can find some. If anyone here has someor or knows of another source,please contact me.

Thanks

Goldfinger

Moderator, if this is in the wrong area, please move to appropriate place.

Siobhan

Goldfinger,

Siobhan

Goldfinger,

I was so shocked when I read your news that Sherrill Kahn had closed her business. I had to go and see for myself and discovered her website is still active as if it is business as usual. However, I finally found a statement from her on Twitter saying the business has closed. So sad. She is a very talented lady and I have all her books. I checked out my stamp collection and unfortunately have no petroglyph stamps. Have you considered carving your own? I have been doing that for awhile and found a wealth of information available on how to do it. Even if your skills are a little rough in the beginning ….they’re petroglyphs! A little roughness will add to the charm. With all the linocutters and carvers on this site I’m sure lots of help is available. Also, lots of copyright free reference is out there. After all the guys who made those petroglyphys are hardly around to complain. Good luck with your work. I hope this helps :):):)

Goldfinger

Siobhan

Thanks for the reply. I was beginning to think no one had ever heard of Sherrill Kahn on this forum.

I’m really impressed with the petroglyph sets she was selling on her website and was really disappointed when she didn’t have any for sale. I had.thought of carving some myself but there’s just so much detail on those stamps, I couldn’t even come close to replicating them. I doubt if anyone else could either. Those petroglyph stamp sets weren’t carved but were created using the photopolymer process. Right now my only hope is to find them for sale on eBay or elsewhere. I had thought about buying a photopolymer kit and.making them myself but it costs too much money.

Just hope someone has a couple for sale but my hopes are dwindling as time goes by.

Siobhan

Hi again,
                            I see your point about the detail and they are very complex. I am kind of a stencil and stamp nut so I am always on the lookout for good finds. I prowl through garage and estate sales as well as second hand shops so I will keep and eye out for you as I know the ones you are looking for. I live a bit off the beaten track but there are a lot of artists around here and you never know what will pop up.

Siobhan

Goldfinger

Siobhan

I would certainly appreciate any help in locating some of her petroglyphs sets. I’ve just about given up. I’ve had an ad in Rubber Stamp Madness for a few months now with no results.
                                I did manage to locate a set of individual petroglyphs on eBay but not the complex sets you see on her website. She also has produced other petroglyph sets that are not shown on the websites but are just as artistic.

Of course I’ll gladly pay for them should you find something. I wish you luck and thanks for keeping me in mind.

Goldfinger

Thought I would bring this up again in hopes someone new will see it.

stamp

There are some Sherrill Kahn rubber stamps for sale on ebay now.  Hope you can check them out.

SHERRILL KAHN RUBBER STAMPS IMPRESS ME FISH DOLLS MASKS JOEL AND SHERRILL KAHN | eBay

Attachments:
                                        You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                      Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.