Home Forums Explore Media Printmaking Lino Key Block Transfer Help Needed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mandavela

Hi there….
        I am trying a multi bock lino print for the first time. Googling shows that the key block should be cut first. This then is inked and printed onto acetate…so far so good. Next step is to print this onto the colour blocks using a jig to ensure good registration. My problem is that the ink is not drying on the softcut lino(have not tried grey lino yet). I am using Caligo Safe Wash with Cobalt drier and the plate under radiator..still no joy.
        Any suggestions?
        Many thanks

contumacious

Try a different ink. I have some stuff done with the Caligo that is over a year old and it still is not fully dry.

bridog

you might be better using an ink that isn’t oil for transfer of key block onto your other blocks. I have used speedball water based ink with a little drying retarder for this part to get onto the acetate then onto the block while the ink is still wet. Allow a little time to dry, the image stays on the surface during carving. Then when carving is complete you can remove the ink by scrubbing using a damp sponge and blotting with a soft cloth. Then apply the Caligo ink with brayer for printing stage. Good luck.

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work. Emile Zola

www.myprintmakingjourney.blogspot.com
                visit my Etsy shop: www.etsy.com/shop/borealart

mandavela

Thank you, Yes! Water based ink does the trick.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.