Home Forums The Art Business Center General Art Business Internet Sales Strategies Has anyone been approached online like this?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I received an email from my Artspan website where someone emailed me the following message:
    “Hello, I will like to know if you have 10 suitable arts for sales that would not be more than $6000 Awaiting to read back from you soon ”

My spidey sense tells me this is probably a scam, but I wanted to find out if anyone here had been approached in this way. I plan to proceed cautiously, but at this point, I am not sending any artwork to any buyer unless I receive payment first

Thanks for your feedback on this.

Denise
    Alpenglow Workshop
    http://www.alpenglowworkshop.com

Liz

Classic scam. The kind of payment they would send is a fake check for more than the asking price, then they would want you to send back the difference.

My Art
        --------------------

scam. One dead giveaway is not specifying titles of paintings they want. They do this to many artists at once to hook them in.

Harold Roth

I just got one of those today. The classic “my wife wants 3 of your paintings,” etc. I just delete these things.

I emailed them backing asking about their paypal account and other things and they never replied back. I figured it was a scam.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.