Home Forums Explore Subjects Abstract and Contemporary Art During a dark time I created this…Self Portrait

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    JasunEscobar

I created this self portrait during a dark point in my life. It’s kind of abstract but you cant still see it resembles a human. I don’t know how I created this piece so ever since then looking back I document stage by stage in my paintings. I’m in a much better state now but whenever I felt down or such I created a self portrait. This might be the darkest but my most proud one.

@jsunescobar instagram

Perry

Powerful piece!

Greggo

This is a brilliant portrait!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/17-Jul-2013/110200-Tatrabanner.jpg [FONT=Times New Roman] Click here for>> WC FAQS >

Jon

Compelling and evocative work.
                    I am so pleased you shared it here in Ab/Com.

maryinasia

Beautiful!

trufflecat

This is Excellent, Excellent. His (your) head looks like it was sculpted from stone. What a wonderful portrait.
                            Welcome to the forum.
                            Is it oil on canvas, and what size? It helps if you supply that info. Thanks for posting. Let’s see more!

Art is never finished, only abandoned.-- Leonardo da Vinci :thumbsup:

http://www.susanbaileyart.com
                            JasunEscobar

Powerful piece!

thank you very much!

@jsunescobar instagram

JasunEscobar

This is a brilliant portrait!

thank you thank you!

@jsunescobar instagram

JasunEscobar

Compelling and evocative work.
                                        I am so pleased you shared it here in Ab/Com.

Yes thank you for your guidance!

@jsunescobar instagram

JasunEscobar

This is Excellent, Excellent. His (your) head looks like it was sculpted from stone. What a wonderful portrait.
                                            Welcome to the forum.
                                            Is it oil on canvas, and what size? It helps if you supply that info. Thanks for posting. Let’s see more!

Pleasure to be here!
                                            Its Oil on a MDF panel the size I believe is 14×11.

@jsunescobar instagram

ShaunGamache

This one hits me deep on an emotional level

Shaun Gamache
                                                Www.shaungamache.com
                                                I Am that I Am
                                                C and c welcome

laf.art

Fantastic piece. Glad to hear that you’re in better shape now. Do you find painting these self portraits cathartic?

laf-art.com | Prints | FB[/U
                                                    Instagram laf.abstracts

Hairy wolf

This is extremely well done! Far from abstract. Great!

JasunEscobar

Fantastic piece. Glad to hear that you’re in better shape now. Do you find painting these self portraits cathartic?

Yes most definitely I believe its the most honest I can be with my self. Painting other people I can express my emotions through them. While doing self portraits I’m at the most vulnerable state I can be at. I feel everything is stripped away and I must in turn face my self. Constantly glancing at the reference photo or mirror I’m reminded all of my flaws and such. The way I’m feeling emotionally, physically, and spiritually. No matter how many paintings I do when it’s a self portrait. It is me vs me and having to battle those inner conflicts. I do probably one or two at most self portraits a year. Sometimes they seem to be a tad more cheerful cause I want to feel beautiful. Sometimes they feel dreadful but after I’m done with them only then the sky turns clears for me.

@jsunescobar instagram

JasunEscobar

This is extremely well done! Far from abstract. Great!

Thank you very much!

@jsunescobar instagram

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.