Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub The Shutterbug Pub Weekened Edition 07 & 08 December 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    damar

Everybody busy?
        I am but will try to catch up this afternoon!

Steam Powered Tractor

Not sure what manufacturer.
        Behind the tractor is railroad rolling stock.

Fujifilm X100F, XT20 + Nikon Camera Bodies & Lenses
        Photos are ©2021
        Anonymous

Good day, m’lady. And greetings to any who follow.

What a wonderful old tractor!

I don’t have shots of anything that old, but sticking with vehicles, here’s a shot from yesterday, heavily processed to get a vivid and kinda geometric abstract look…

[Nikon D7500 + Nikkor 18-300mm at 160mm, manual mode, 1/640 sec,
            f/9, ISO 360, processed in ACR & PSCS5]

It was fun and liberating to do something outside of my usual style and subjects.

Don

Good morning Patty and Dave and any who follow.

I have been a bit busy this morning. Son locked himself out of his car last night, so I had to go pick him up from work, take him back this morning, then wait for a locksmith to come and get the car open. That set me back a nice chunk of change. I told DS he needed to have some spare keys made and keep one somewhere on the vehicle and another at home. We’ll see if that happens.

Wow, what a great old tractor. Looks steam powered. I Googled steam powered tractors and was amazed at the number. Never did find one that looked exactly like that one though.
                I like the look of the auto photo Dave. The colors are nice and it does have a bit of an abstract look.
                Moving away from vehicles, I thought I would post a couple more from my first photo shoot with the new macro lens.

Water droplet on leaf.

Close up of turkey tail fungus.

Photo site - http://donlwilliamsphotography.com

"A moment in time
                Immortalized forever
                With silver and light"

damar

It was fun and liberating to do something outside of my usual style and subjects.

Glad to hear that, Dave!
                    The concentric arcs of varying color and texture
                    is interesting, especially he amber lens.

Thanks for comment on the tractor.
                    I’m still hoping to find out what the manufacturer was.
                    There was another one there, a Case.
                    Awful shot though! Halfhearted composition with all
                    that blinding light

Photos are ©2021
                    damar

Honestly Don, your post was not there when I posted.
                        This is happening a lot lately!
                        The water drop on the leaf actually made a shadow. That’s pretty cool!
                        I have no idea why you know that is turkey tail fungus except that being a macro photographer, you have researched these things!
                        The color diagonals look great.

Lost Keys: ugh! Dad to the rescue.
                        DH is over DSs house working on the heatpump circuit board for his house.
                        Dad to the rescue.

We went to the Southeastern RR Museum yesterday.
                        (the tractors were there)
                        It’s in Duluth, GA so if you ever find yourself in Duluth wondering what to
                        do, check it out. (its high density in that area)
                        I’ll be posting pics over the course of the week.
                        I am in touch and go mode here.

Every Independence Day, Cumming, GA has a steam tractor parade.
                        They run right down the street.
                        (rubber banding on steel wheels)
                        I don’t know who’s video this is.
                        They also have static displays of hit and miss engines etc.
                        https://youtu.be/D19hshRktsw
                        There is more on YT

All of the RR displays are under cover. Some of he luxury pullmans etc are in
                        a large steel building.
                        The flood lights were difficult to work around,
                        but most of the steam engines, you could climb up in
                        the cab to the engineers seat and see all the pressure gauges,
                        drive controls, the firebox and attached tender car.

There were lighted Christmas decorations all around the displays and one of the engines was decked out in lights and large wreathetc. (which I’m sure the kids enjoyed but for historic captures it was a bit much!)

Photos are ©2021
                        Don

I like train travel. Back in the mid to late 50’s we lived in Virginia. Dad was in the Navy so when he deployed for 9 months or so we would travel by train back to Birmingham where my grandparents lived. Great memories. Later, when I was in H.S. a train ran right by our house, no more than 100 feet or less! Years later my wife and I were able to ride a period train (steam engine, blowing soot and cinders, old coaches, etc) and it ran on that same track right by where I pretty much spent my last 5 years of H.S. It was kinda strange. And of course more recently we have taken the Rocky Mountaineer a few times through the Canadian Rockies.

Photo site - http://donlwilliamsphotography.com

"A moment in time
                            Immortalized forever
                            With silver and light"

Greenhill

Patty, you come up with the durndest engines that were ever dreamed up. I like them all.

Don, looks like you’ll be getting lots of use out of your new macro lens.
                                It would be great if the powers that be would recognise that image size for a photography forum
                                should be governed not by dimension (800px longest side) but by its weight (500KB regardless of dimension)
                                That would put us in the 21st century among the forum elite! :clear:

Dave, certainly you created an colourful abstract from a well spotted detail.

So, to follow Patty’s theme, here are a few funky relics from Australia’s rural past.
                                PLease note, aside from sizing and adding my monica, I have not attempted to crop or process any.

MY FLICKR
                                OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
                                The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Cameraman

Very Good Images today everyone

When we were at a cafe for lunch, I aimed my White Bag Incident from Anne to me – and did the image. The cafe light was quite low that is why I chose RGB Value 43

At home, I did a RGB Value Check My value of choice is Value 43 This is a half Value 96 of a Grey Card. The cafe room light showed this Half Grey Card Reflectence
                                    Anne’s skin color here is quite similar to that of Queen E II in some images

Norm Dunne
                                    Lover of the Old Masters Art Period

damar

I like train travel. Back in the mid to late 50’s we lived in Virginia. Dad was in the Navy so when he deployed for 9 months or so we would travel by train back to Birmingham where my grandparents lived. Great memories. Later, when I was in H.S. a train ran right by our house, no more than 100 feet or less! Years later my wife and I were able to ride a period train (steam engine, blowing soot and cinders, old coaches, etc) and it ran on that same track right by where I pretty much spent my last 5 years of H.S. It was kinda strange. And of course more recently we have taken the Rocky Mountaineer a few times through the Canadian Rockies.

A steam excursion trip is on our bucket list!
                                        You were lucky to be able to use trains as transportation
                                        back in the day.
                                        Don’t you wish you had more photos from back then?
                                        I sure do.

Mark! You too come up with the durndest!
                                        That looks like narrow gauge on the 3 tracks?
                                        Still in use?

I would love to visit that general store!
                                        Looks like “the old dusty west”!
                                        Funny how similar architecture is between your
                                        land and our land!
                                        I have no idea what #3 is…
                                        And the boiler on wheels with the over-sized flywheel is almost hilarious with that 3 story stack! But the sparks that came out of some of the operating machines were thick as smoke.
                                        This one is art!
                                        The tanker trucks are really cool.
                                        Looks like a nice display set up there.

Hi Norm!
                                        Anne looks like she’s in the holiday spirit!

Photos are ©2021
                                        damar

Savannah & Atlanta (S&A) 750
                                            It’s a 4-6-2 (wheel sets)
                                            Built by ALCO in 1910 for Key West Extension of Florida East Coast Railway.

It was sold to S&A in 1935 when a hurricane destroyed major bridges
                                            between the Keys.
                                            It was featured in Biloxi Blues and Johnny Cash “Riding The Rails”

We took our grandson to see this collection when he was a train-freak at age 5
                                            (he’s 25 now)
                                            Time Flies.

Photos are ©2021

I have been busy all day since 10 a.m. and too tired to talk about it.
                                            I am just going to look at all the great photos you shared with us today and talk more tomorrow. I need to relax now as I hum, “the old grey mare, she ain’t what she use to be, ain’t what she use to be, ….” :music: :music: :music:

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                                            Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

damar

I need to relax now as I hum, “the old grey mare, she ain’t what she use to be, ain’t what she use to be, ….” :music: :music: :music:

Awwww..well glad to see you shuffle in to say hi!
                                                I know its been super busy here too but doesn’t seem like anything is getting done!
                                                Have a nice rest-of-the-evening-Lorell!

Photos are ©2021
                                                Greenhill

Mark! You too come up with the durndest!
                                                    That looks like narrow gauge on the 3 tracks?
                                                    Still in use?

I would love to visit that general store!
                                                    Looks like “the old dusty west”!
                                                    Funny how similar architecture is between your
                                                    land and our land!
                                                    I have no idea what #3 is…
                                                    And the boiler on wheels with the over-sized flywheel is almost hilarious with that 3 story stack! But the sparks that came out of some of the operating machines were thick as smoke.
                                                    This one is art!
                                                    The tanker trucks are really cool.
                                                    Looks like a nice display set up there.

Hi Patty, hope you’re still tuned in. Yes, Narrow gauge is standard all over Australia.
                                                    I have posted a few hi-res Ilfracombe QLD shots on Flickr if you’re interested, and I think you will be. https://www.flickr.com/photos/182366376@N04/with/49186703202/

MY FLICKR
                                                    OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
                                                    The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Cameraman

For those interested, Anne’s shape is what I mentioned in my note for the 1225 in Darkroom

Norm Dunne
                                                        Lover of the Old Masters Art Period

damar

Mark, you have an amazing portfolio of expertly captured photos and I’m only on page 3!
                                                            WOW!

Photos are ©2021
                                                          Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.