Home Forums Explore Subjects Miniature Art Holiday stuff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Just back from the Adriatic, where the following were done from reference photos taken with my tablet the day before:

Piazza della Frutta, (in the old town in Split) ink and water colour, 140x100mm:

San Marco from the water, ink, 140x100mm:

--"Hell hath no limits, nor is circumscribed In one self place, for where we are is hell, And where hell is there must we ever be." ―Mephistopheles from Malowe's Doctor Faustus

Wow, what great sketches. That’s impressive and a way better souvenir than anything really.

Hope you had a great time!

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
    Find me on Instagram
    Find me on Facebook

Wow, what great sketches. That’s impressive and a way better souvenir than anything really.

Hope you had a great time!

Thank you, I always want to sketch when we go on holiday but rarely feel able to take the time out when out and about to do so. Now I take a tablet with me and use it to capture reference images with the intention of drawing/sketching from them (as I normally get up before 04:00 I usually have plenty of time before anyone else gets up to do so).

--"Hell hath no limits, nor is circumscribed In one self place, for where we are is hell, And where hell is there must we ever be." ―Mephistopheles from Malowe's Doctor Faustus

Very nice urban sketches! Now that you’ve gotten into it sketching on holiday will be something to always do.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Very nice urban sketches! Now that you’ve gotten into it sketching on holiday will be something to always do.

Actually I have always sketched on holiday, what is new (last two years) is to use a tablet to capture reference images to allow time shifting of sketching to a time when I am free of other duties.

Pine Cone

These are awfully good. Will you be painting either of these scenes?

name — gravity and grace along the path

nickname — intuitive balance of forces[/color]

These are awfully good. Will you be painting either of these scenes?

Probably but I don’t know when.

Pine Cone

I hope you’ll tell us if you post them to one of the forums.

name — gravity and grace along the path

nickname — intuitive balance of forces[/color]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.