Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Yeckolo

Hey everyone,

I just bought some gouache paints and am attempting to paint for the first time in maybe 18 years. I bought a prepackaged set of Lukas Studio gouache paints in the primary colors, and a W&N Designer Indigo for mixing some darker shades.

This is my first piece. It’s on a sheet of 6″ x 8″ watercolor paper.

I have a lots to learn, obviously. I wanted to go back and do another layer of paint, adding more detail, but figured I’d be better off just moving on to another piece and learning with each piece, rather than mess around with the same one over and over.

Paints used:
        -Lukas Studio Gouache Opaque White, Primary Yellow Primary Red, Primary Blue
        -W&N Designers Indigo

This is my reference photo I used:

sea dangler

I am new to gouache myself,so i can only say what i would do!,i would keep with the first one and try blending the sky ,mountain and trees.to create a new background!.
            Dave

Yeckolo

Thanks Dave, I may revisit it :)

For someone who hasn’t painted in a while, this is well done. Gouache is a sort of touchy medium but all it takes is practice to produce some lovely paintings. I can’t help you with this one as I totally suck at landscapes!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.